primos buck roar

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vortex

primos buck roar

Post by vortex »

I was just looking at this call and am wondering if it works as good as it sounds. Does anyone have any comments on this product :?:
Excalibur Vortex
Vari-Zone Scope
OFAH Member
www.wildcam.ca
www.excaliburcrossbow.com
www.ontariooutofdoors.com
crazyfarmer

Re: primos buck roar

Post by crazyfarmer »

if used during the right time it works.... its about a 1 week time frame which will yeild good results from it. Normally right as the first doe comes in heat.

I can get the same roar from my flex tone grunt tube though. The only thing I dont like about the buck roar is that the grunts are extremely low and loud. The mad calls buck roar sounds better if you ask me though 8)
roly

Post by roly »

I have always used a Ridge Runner tube , but bought an adjustable form Ric and liked it very much. :)
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

crazyfarmer wrote:
I can get the same roar from my flex tone grunt tube though.
In my opinion, there is no better call then the flextone.

I have tons of calls as I collect them.

The one I use is a Flextone.

http://www.flextonegamecalls.com/index.htm
xbowholic

Post by xbowholic »

I killed my 11 point while using the primos buck roar but as CF stated you have a SHORT time frame to use this call;
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

I do not enter the woods without my True Talker by Hunters Specialties, I have retired every other call I own and I own several like most. It has by far the most realistic sound of all of the calls I own and by far best volume control, I have been using the same True Talker for the last 6 or 7 years without issue. The True Talker is also completely covered with a rubber like material and makes the call very quiet to handle. I own the "buck roar" vocalization call by MAD calls and I do not like it very much, I find it very difficult to control the volume with it, it works ok to make the roar sound but is too loud as a grunt call in my opinion. I can make the "buck roar" vocalization just fine with my True Talker just takes a bit of practice, in fact you can probably make the vocalization with nearly any grunt call with a little bit of practice.
Fishn-Hunter
Family, Friends, Huntn & Fishn
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

All Calls will call a deer if they want to come. During the peak of the rut in 2005 I called in and killed 3-10 points in a 6 day period (3 consecutive days I was in the woods). I was using a standard grunt call from primos. Over the past 10 years I probably have called in and killed 25 mature bucks using a similar call. Its not the maker of the call, its the way and when its used....kinda like turkey hunting, you wouldnt expect to call in a tom in the middle of the summer.
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Another vote for the HS TrueTalker. It does it all. You'll never need to carry another call.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.