Building a hunting room:)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Building a hunting room:)

Post by crazyfarmer »

I have run out of space on about every wall in my house for deer mounts so I have looked at a few options for a additional hunting room/office outside. Building one to my specs as a addition to the house is out of my price range. Ive priced the vinyl storage buildings and those are more along the lines of what I want. I can get a 12x28 with a porch for around 5-6k. The one pictured below is the style im going with. 8ft ceilings also.

Plans include laminate flooring and etc. Im doing away with everything on the walls except for 2 windows and one door. I want wall space. Ive been inside a few of these little buildings that have been fixed up and its just like a house!

anyone else fix up one of these into a game/hunting shack?
Normous

Re: Building a hunting room:)

Post by Normous »

Ah ha, have you been reading about Mike P's office lately? Anyway, I think it is cool for a Man space like that, 12 x 28 with no walls, sounds perfect for a spring/summer project. Go for it Crazy!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

crazyfarmer wrote:I have run out of space on about every wall in my house for deer mounts
Quit braggin. lol
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
xbowholic

Post by xbowholic »

Every man needs a "huntin' room". those buildings are just the ticket. just post some pictures when you get it done; would LOVE to see those mounts;

It's good to have your problems.... :D
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

CF, that is pretty radical!

Think of all the hunting goodies you could get for six grand.

Now if you turn the thing into a deer blind, that of course is an entire different story.
Big John

Post by Big John »

Well, thats where I'll sleep when I come down to shoot your Deer next season. :wink:
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

12 X 28 with a porch is an outdoor living room! I really like the look of that little building. If it has an 8' ceiling I am guessing it is cathedral by looking at the doors?
I am jealous.

Not being a 4 season structure, would the elements/humidity affect the mounts?
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Nope can not go along with this idea of yours!! My wife would have me sleeping in it :lol:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
ch312

Post by ch312 »

i like the idea. but what i would do is use steel doors with no windows for better security. installing a skylight or two wont cost much more than windows, but will also provide better security than windows while still allowing natural light.

you may not need to worry about break ins where you are, but i dont trust anyone :wink:
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

It a little small, don't you think? :D
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Rich

Post by Rich »

That looks like a nice solid building CF. I would think about putting it on a concrete pad though. I know you farmers are handy guys, but I could come over and help you run the electrical if needed and you couldn't beat the price (free). Have you thought of a garage kit from Lowes, my neighbor built one for about $4K, it had an upstairs room that would make a great man room.

Rich
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Enjoy, Harold! :D
Grizz
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Rich wrote:That looks like a nice solid building CF. I would think about putting it on a concrete pad though. I know you farmers are handy guys, but I could come over and help you run the electrical if needed and you couldn't beat the price (free). Have you thought of a garage kit from Lowes, my neighbor built one for about $4K, it had an upstairs room that would make a great man room.

Rich

My uncle is the handy man for that stuff.. he gets to handle the electric. Ill have the walls, flooring, and insulation. When its finished ill have a Team Va house warming party :wink:

btw, Ill have a blow up mattress in it also for those nice the wifey doesnt like me. Espiclaly during MID HUNTING Season!!

Im getting house door put on it along with bigger and stronger windows. Thats a must. It want it just like a house. Yes it will have the cathedral ceilings. The goal is to have as much antler room up and down as possible. As for break ins, the locked and loaded sign usually helps. :lol: