How many did something like this?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

munch

Re: How many did something like this?

Post by munch »

did not do this myself but my uncle told me growing up they went to a one room school house and it was the boys job to fill the wood stove and they would start at the front corner and go around the class and each boy would go to the woodshed and bring in an armload of wood to put in the stove when it was his turn.one day he said one of the guys brought in a box of 22 shells and they gave each a handfull and as you put your wood in the stove you put the 22 shells in as well and sat down .he said that teacher never figured out what they did .so when they got a chance they wood do it again.he also told me that his youngest brother (my uncle Murry aka doc)was about 6 and just started school he was being bad and the teacher got mad because he would not listen and made him sit under her desk. i guess this was commen practice and thats what she did when someone was bad. Goerge tells me doc sat under the desk saying George George George. and uncle George did not want to get $ith himself so he did not reply. he said finaly the teacher got so mad she said George answer this boy.george says yes doc what do you want .George why anit the teacher got no underpants.i guess thats the last kid that ever sat under her desk .true story i think the best thing he ever told me
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Migabby

Post by Migabby »

I 'm not even going to begin, But I'll tell you this one. When in my late teens I was working on my 53 Studebaker in the Drive Way infront of our Garage with my Buddy, my Dad was on the back porch reading the paper. The car was up on the jack by the rear bumper, we had just put a new muffler on the car. and changed the oil. I had gone into the garage to get something when my buddy slamed the hood shut and the Car came slamming to the Ground with a load crash bang. When I saw what happen I could see that the Jack was gone. We began to look for it the Garage roof, the house roof, the Yards, the big ole Elm tree next to the Garage, no where to be found.

I looked on the porch and my Dad sat their with the paper across his lap and a Big Ole grin on his face, then said what are you guys looking for? I said the jack is gone! He said; First; you should have blocked the front tires, Second; if its true you learn by your mistakes you are going to be the Smartest S.... o... B..... in the county!! Third; The jack is where it should be. We continued to look for another 10 minutes or so, then I begged my Dad but he just smiled.. back to looking around when all of a sudden it hit me, I opened the Trunk, and there was the Jack laying inside where it should be.

Migabby
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

ROFLMAO!!!!
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

I guess I am probably the only one old enough to remember Carbide, a Clabber Girl Baking Power can, a few drops of water and a match. LOL Also Dynamite Caps under the brush piles in the creek and watching the fish float to the top.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

As a very young kid I took one of my dads 22 shells and hit it with a hammer in the basement. Mom came running downstairs wondering what the noise was. Somehow i fibbed my way out, but im surprised im still around to tell the tale. Im glad dad never had a shot gun :shock:
I never did that again.
Last edited by one shot scott on Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Migabby

Post by Migabby »

I almost forgot about this one. On a Boy Scout camping trip when I lived in Texas I put a can of Beans on 3 Rocks in the Camp Fire and forgot about them. Awhile later the can exploded send flaming hot baked beans thru 3 of the Tents. It rained that night...... My A.. was Grass!!!!!! Remember what my Dad said, " If it's true you learm by your mistakes your going to be the smartest
S......O. B...... inthe County".

Migabby
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Kelly , I forgot about those magic rocks ( :lol: carbide ) . My father used them in his Black bird bangers . We did a lot of silly things with that stuff . Put more then a few sealled containers ( put in the rock and some water ) in the fire .

carbide plus water = acetylene gas ------ very explosive :idea:
xbowkidd

Post by xbowkidd »

these may or may not be some of my hunting buddies... i guess there is no way of knowing. haha.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzLTFUjX0qI
Team Dryfire
Exomaxer

Post by Exomaxer »

Last edited by Exomaxer on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Sometime around 1976(when everyone in the USA had to have a muzzleloader to commemorate the bi-centenial) a friend decided that he had to have a blackpowder gun. He shot it for a while and then became bored and started to make some small bombs(pipe and cannon fuse) and set about to see what all he could blow up.He was (still is) a mechanic in a tractor shop. Mind you this is a grown man with a family and a full time job, not some 10 or 12 year old kid.One day at work he had finished using the cutting torch for something,when he had the thought that aceylene burns, and a container of it might make a pretty fair explosion if shot with his muzzleloader.So he proceded to fill a large black plastic trash bag with acetylene and tie it off. He was leaving the shop to go shoot it and see just how impressive an explosion it would make. As he neared the door, with him holding the bag full of acetylene, static electricity ignited the gas.It ruptured one ear drum,burned off his eye lashes and eye brows and took most of the window lights in the shop out.Who'd of thought!!!! You dont have to be a kid to do something foolish or be fortunate enough to live through that you caused.
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

When I was 12 or so, my best friend's older brother had "invented" a home made cannon and could'nt wait to show it off. He had a piece of 2" galvanized pipe with a hole drilled about 3" from one end, a wooden plug that would fit tightly in the end. The idea was to put a firecracker in the pipe with the fuse sticking out through the drilled hole, drive the wooden plug in the end, load the cannon with schrapnel (rocks), and light the fuse. Make a heck of a boom and sent rocks flying. Soon that wasn't enough so he used an M-80. Now for you who are not as old as I am, M-80's used to be a 1" long piece of dinamite. Loaded 'er up and let 'er rip. The wooden plug flew out the back end and barely missed the munitions expert. The galvanized pipe was no more as it was bulged and split open around the fuse hole. After that, we went back to bb guns and slingshots.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
hunters

Post by hunters »

maple wrote:As a kid; slingshots, blowguns, laying lines of gunpowder down the sidewalk, gas cans on the beach at night, finding out how primers work, firecrackers and pop bottles, potato guns, flaming cat-tail arrows shot straight up, Coleman stove flame throwers, was all fun. I'm not tellin' about the dangerous stuff though. Lucky we survived.

Maple
Do you know "denise the menace"? Quite, you have the same characteristics with him.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Not going to reveal all my adventures, but a few tips from what I learned:

*2 sticks of dynamite in very wet clay ground to blow a small stump out is - WAY TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!! (I think there is still a pothole in the lake shore)
*A pound of blackpowder as an explosive needs a l-o-n-g fuse!!!!!!!!!!

And a tip from a buddy of mine back in the 60s -
*a full stick of dynamite is a bit much for fishing, and make sure the game warden is not around before you go fishing. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He lit it and tossed it out, then looked around to see the game warden coming down the bank. :roll: At least the fines weren't too bad back then. :shock:
wabi
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

The one good thing about spam is they do bring up old posts like this from time to time. 2 good pages to re-enjoy :D
Last edited by one shot scott on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
masboy

Post by masboy »

i lived by myself when younger and always fooling with muzzel loaders,had some black powder that was damp drying out in big glass ashtray sitting on end table next to chair across from sofa i was sitting on ,and my cousin came over and sit in that chair and grabbed that ash tray and lit up a smoke, couple seconds later he leaned over and put smoke in ash tray an puff!!! lost some of his beard.i,ll never forget the look on his face! still laughing when i think about it.