How many did something like this?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

Re: How many did something like this?

Post by wabi »

Not going to reveal all my adventures, but a few tips from what I learned:

*2 sticks of dynamite in very wet clay ground to blow a small stump out is - WAY TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!! (I think there is still a pothole in the lake shore)
*A pound of blackpowder as an explosive needs a l-o-n-g fuse!!!!!!!!!!

And a tip from a buddy of mine back in the 60s -
*a full stick of dynamite is a bit much for fishing, and make sure the game warden is not around before you go fishing. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He lit it and tossed it out, then looked around to see the game warden coming down the bank. :roll: At least the fines weren't too bad back then. :shock:
wabi
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

The one good thing about spam is they do bring up old posts like this from time to time. 2 good pages to re-enjoy :D
Last edited by one shot scott on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
masboy

Post by masboy »

i lived by myself when younger and always fooling with muzzel loaders,had some black powder that was damp drying out in big glass ashtray sitting on end table next to chair across from sofa i was sitting on ,and my cousin came over and sit in that chair and grabbed that ash tray and lit up a smoke, couple seconds later he leaned over and put smoke in ash tray an puff!!! lost some of his beard.i,ll never forget the look on his face! still laughing when i think about it.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Like many, gasoline was my early enemy. As a kid, i used to have to help the old Man move hog houses and feeder w/ tractor and log chain. We once moved a feeder that had a bumble bee nest under it and I got it bad. I later dumped the better part of 5 gal down the hole and lit 'er up. Remember those tin 5 gal cans that had the screw on spout w/ little screw on caps on top?

I used to go 1.5 miles down gravel road to visit neighbor kid on creek. in the winter, I'd stop 1/2 way and build a fire in big concrete culvert. Stashed some gas in it w/ fire wood. Got a big snow storm that drifted one end shut.

See this one coming? I didn't Blew myself out of the end of it like a clown and a cannon at the circus.

i also used to smuggle my Gramps Win 97 12 ga past my mom by putting the guts of my Daisy BB gun in bbl, but that's another story or three, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

What is it with country kids and combustables? These won't equal groundpounders but on two occasions I ignighted some pretty healthy mushroom fireballs. Once was when I filled a halfgallon glass jug with gasoline, sealed the top and let it dry. I then placed a two-by-four on the top of a 55gal open topped can, lit a candle in the bottom, gently sat the jug on the board, backed off an almost safe distance and shot the jug with my pellet gun. Neighbors five miles a way that were setting on their back porch drinking tea and watching their peanuts grow saw the fireball and came to see what the h... it was. Another time me and a friend made us a fuse with some cotton rope saturated in a paste of saltpeter that we let dry. We then took three of those plastic covers off some dry-cleaned clothes, tied the ends, filled them up from a butane bottle, tied a wad of twenty or so matches at the base of the blown up bags around the fuse, lit the other end of the fuse and let the bags go. They rose very very slowly at first but after a while the burning fuse became but a tiny blinking in the dark sky as it drifted over town. It made a bigger fireball than we expected. We heard sirens. Next day someone said they thought a plane or something blow up high over their house.
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
DanO

Post by DanO »

:lol: That made my day.

I remember putting a 1L bottle of gasoline in the pot-belly woodstove one morning before my mom lite the fire. I stood around the corner and waited to see what would happen. Well when she went the lids on the top jumped 3 feet in the air, the smoke pipe disconnected and the two doors on the front (which HAD small mica windows) were swinging wildly. Mom yells, "What the Hell happened?". I volunteered too loudly and too quickly, "I don't know I was just standing here". The quilty party always talks the fastest and first. :roll:

I didn't make it out of the basement with my pants up!

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
Dash

Post by Dash »

We've probably all done some crazy crap in our time, but groundpounder..........that story brought tears to my eyes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
frisky

Post by frisky »

I laughed so hard my eyes watered! :lol: :lol: :lol:
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
birddog1520

Post by birddog1520 »

I read groundpounders post to my wife and had us both in tears.

My adventure involved 2 dozen arrows a couple dozen M80's a bow and a roll of duct tape I really can't say anymore because they are still looking for that guy. But with a little imagination you can figure it out.

Randy, The Birddog.