Ontario deer & moose questionnaire?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MADMAX2

Ontario deer & moose questionnaire?

Post by MADMAX2 »

Are these survey's mandatory like the old ones after the controlled hunt?and if so when do they have to be sent in by the end of the year?I was sent both moose and deer.
The best things in life are not things!!
bdog

Re: Ontario deer & moose questionnaire?

Post by bdog »

No you don't have to fill it out and I don't think there is a dead line ,if they really wanted peoples input then the MNR should supply the stamp to send it back , they would get more people to comply.
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

you can fill it out online as well @ http://www.ontario.ca/huntersurvey
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
gogo

Post by gogo »

I have a question for them where is the deer and where is the moose?
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

gogo wrote:I have a question for them where is the deer and where is the moose?

X 2 :!: :!: :!:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

The questionaire is intended to be a single, "one-stop" to replace the various separate questionaires the we used to fill out depending on which hunts we participated in.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

i just filled mine ou on line and it is very easy to do about 5 minutes or less .you do need the number from the top of the card that came in the mail it is called the SURVEY I D # DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Thanks for the info I was planning on doing them just did not want to miss a deadline.Very few deer seen on our controlled hunt for Dec :shock:
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

The questionaire is mandatory only if the hunter received a Controlled Deer Hunt Validation Tag.
Why did I get one or both of these questionnaires?

You have received the 2009 Deer Hunter Questionnaire and/or the 2009 Moose Hunter Questionnaire in the mail and are asked to submit your completed questionnaire(s) to MNR because you purchased a deer or moose hunting licence and, either, you were randomly selected to respond or you received a Controlled Deer Hunt Validation Tag for which completion of this questionnaire is mandatory.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
TPM

Post by TPM »

ComfyBear wrote:The questionaire is mandatory only if the hunter received a Controlled Deer Hunt Validation Tag.
Why did I get one or both of these questionnaires?

You have received the 2009 Deer Hunter Questionnaire and/or the 2009 Moose Hunter Questionnaire in the mail and are asked to submit your completed questionnaire(s) to MNR because you purchased a deer or moose hunting licence and, either, you were randomly selected to respond or you received a Controlled Deer Hunt Validation Tag for which completion of this questionnaire is mandatory.
Not quite sure what the consequences are for not filling one out. There used to be a rumour going around that if you didn't fill out your controlled hunt survey out would not be eligible for a controlled hunt tag the next year. I know of numerous people, myself included, who never filled out the survey and had no trouble getting a tag the following year.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
TrapperBob

Post by TrapperBob »

I also filled the form for deer online and was very easy to do. My question as many have asked where are all the moose and deer? I saw one small bull moose ( had no tag) with paddles the size of my hand. Lots of deer tracks but only saw one nice buck day before season closed. I had just climbed into the stand and had yet to pull the CB into the stand. He walked 15 feet from me and as I tried to pull my bow up to the stand I hit the edge of the stand and he was off like a rocket. Maybe have better luck next year.

TrapperBob
Phoenix
Excalibur Flemish string
Easton 2216 Bolt
150 Boltcutter BH

Kids who trap and hunt don't mug little old ladies
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

One year after the controlled hunt I sent my report in by UPS from work I received a letter from the MNR district office stating I was not eligible for the next year's controlled hunt because my report was not received :shock: good thing brown has POD(proof of delivery) :D

I informed that indeed it had been sent and signed for and gave them the persons name after that I always sent my reports by registered mail or UPS.