The Office

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

The Office

Post by Mike P »

The Office

"And ver vil you be hanging da greyface?" she asked between sips of coffee. I knew this question was coming; I am surprised she took this long to get around to it. She has wanted to ask it since she came into my office a few days ago. I called her in to look at the three European mounts I placed over my desk. At the time she didn't say anything. She just looked at me with that "are you out of your mind" look I have seen thousands of times over the course of our lengthy marriage and walked out. I knew it was not the end of it. It never is.

"Da office looks ridiculous you know," she offered. I smiled. She had taken the bait. "Ya, I think you might be right," I replied. She knew right away that something was afoot. It was not the response she expected. She went on full alert and stared at me trying to get clues as to what road I was trying to take her down. The fact that I agreed with her statement immediately told her there were ulterior motives at work here. I took a long sip of my coffee, put down the newspaper and said "I think I may have a solution."

I have been thinking about it ever since Crazy posted his thread and picture of the little trophy house. It was obvious to all that CF had rounded the bend. His antler addiction set his course and he weighed anchor. His sanity ship had sailed. He was going to extremes to feed his addiction. He was planning on building a shrine. It was brilliant.

"I think we need to move my office," I told her. "We could use the space when the kids and grandkids are here and it would provide an additional bedroom. I know you don't like it with all the mounts as you tell me it is over the top. I think we should add on to the building and relocate my office out there."

I could smell the freedom. I was within inches of obtaining the ultimate man cave and it would not even be in the same dwelling with the female. It was Shangri-La. It was the Promised Land. I could be out there with my cars and my mounts. The guys could come over and we could drink beer, belch and tell lies. Oh the glory!

"Not a chance," she responded without any show of emotion. "Da building is already too big, ve vil not make it bigger. Ve jus need to unclutter yer walls."

It was more of an execution then a position being stated. She was not saying this to place her stake in the sand for the ensuing discussion. There was to be no discussion. My idea was dead on arrival. There would be no formal burial. The ultimate man cave was toast. Shangri-La lost.

Things should come to a head this spring. That is when the grey face is scheduled to come home. There is absolutely no wall space available in this office. I am going to hang him when she is not at home. Imagine the look on her face when she walks into her living room and sees greyface hanging over the fireplace mantle. I expect to revisit the building expansion issue within minutes of her discovery. Wars are not won by battles. Wars are won by attrition.

Crazy, I understand you just might have a cot in that little shrine you are going to build.

Will it be finished by spring?

A picture of my old roll top with the European mounts above.
groundpounder

Re: The Office

Post by groundpounder »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
My mounts are tucked away in the closet for now since the joining of the "mines" and "hers" with our marriage from the spring. :( I'm not even thinking man cave yet. For now I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to sneak the purchase of the new fly rod I'm wanting. :? :wink:
Why ride when you can walk!
lscha

Post by lscha »

Here's the deal. I have room on my walls. I could put it up and you could visit it any time you want. I have a video-cam that I can train on the spot on the wall and you could have it on your computer screen also, live!! Whenever you had company you could put your laptop on the coffee table with Greyface on the screen and everyone could admire it through their entire visit. Your welcome!! :)
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
huntman

Post by huntman »

I finished my basment last year and have a "hunting room". Its the best no one is allowed in, under lock and key all my stuff together. My mounts all around the room make it what I have always wanted.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

You mean y'all actually mount Bucks & Racks put them on the wall ! I have what few racks i have left in a big cardboard box. I gave most of mine to ppl who asked fer them fer various reasons. I may Mount one if'en i ever get one big enuff to mount! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
maple

Post by maple »

Mike, ya just gotta start shooting smaller deer......

Maple
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Mike P wrote:Crazy, I understand you just might have a cot in that little shrine you are going to build.

Will it be finished by spring?
If all goes well it will be finished around March. It takes me 2 weeks to get the building then ill have to get started on everything inside. Got to have it ready before the mounts start coming back LOL

bstout, you have some really nice heavy 8pts in your woods;) Love the layout on the wall. Samething for Mikes room. Everything looks good together on that wall!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Ameristep makes a pop-up "office" - the DOG HOUSE!
Sounds like you might be in one soon. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:D Mighty nice of you Laura to offer to house Mike`s mounts :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Normous

Post by Normous »

After this evenings world's best venison backstaps BBQ'd once a side and paired with a fine Shiraz of 89 vintage, I called Patti over to look at Mikes post. She sipped her wine and read, sipped again and said " you only live once, do what makes you happy and don't worry what other people think". Maybe she thinks the Swede is being a bit unfair here, after all, the Sweede hunts too, and by the sound of her recent hunts, probably prefers some heavy inch bone on the wall too.
We would say "build it and be happy"!!
Crazy as it sounds.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

enormous wrote: a fine Shiraz of 89 vintage
You are a man of taste and distinction Norm!

Your choice of wine accompanying the venison is superb!

Now if you tell me you and Patti were sharing a bottle of PENFOLDS MAGILL ESTATE I will go off the deep end and list you as one of my all time hero's!

It is rather pricey but just a spectacular Shiraz!
Normous

Post by Normous »

Thank-you Mike! My cellar selection contains over 300 Australian Red Wines. My reward is expeiencing my selections improving over the years. Tonight was an example, we had my last 89 Cape Mentelle from the Margret River Western region. Wines from the Barossa region are our favotites. We just love Australian wine and fine wine from all over.

Please do not fall over! I just checked on my Penfolds selection downstairs,
2- Magill Estate 2001 (we have not tried this wine yet)
2- Bin 707 Cabs
3- St. Henri 99 Shiraz
5- 389's
and numerous 407's

I wish for Grange!

My special cellared area also contains some Two Hands, d'Arenberg ( we love the Dead Arm), Rosemont (Mountain Blue and Balmoral), Elderton Command Shiraz and Yolumba selections.
Cheers!!
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

You are now one of my all time hero's! :D

Your cellar sounds like it contains delights for years to come.

We all have this one on our wish list.

Normous

Post by Normous »

We can only wish for Grange. We will buy a bottle at some point. I just took a few new photos of my special Man Cave.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
frisky

Post by frisky »

Good gosh Norm, do you have them insured by Lloyd's of London?? :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock