Edumacate me on the Buck Bomb

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ninepointer

Edumacate me on the Buck Bomb

Post by ninepointer »

Seems that this fall I've been seeing a lot of posts (most recently Ecoaster's) in which the Buck Bomb is being used. Tell me, how have you been using it: spraying a portion of the can or setting off the whole thing? What formulation has been working for you? How much have you been paying for a can in Ontario? Any other tips? Thanks 8)
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
crazyfarmer

Re: Edumacate me on the Buck Bomb

Post by crazyfarmer »

I buy a bulk case of 50 for 280bucks and end up splitting it with a friend. I set the whole can off at once. Some like to spray a little. Ive found that if you use some of the can in the morning and wait till afternoon to use the rest all the of scent doesnt come out. Thats why I use it all at once. I also dont like using it below 35 degrees since it has a hard time deploying all the scent. Ive tried heating the can on the truck vent before getting to my stands also on cold mornings but it doesnt seem to help much.

I get best results downwind in a creek bottom or a bottom that breaks off into 2-3 different bottoms. That way the scent spreads everywhere!

Ive killed 3-4 really nice mature bucks with them. Sometimes they work, sometimes that dont. Best results come from places that you use it for the first time. After awhile deer seem to get use to where that scents coming from. I always have small bucks come into it and actaully lick the can.
Exomaxer

Post by Exomaxer »

Last edited by Exomaxer on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:| :| :| Didn't work worth a $hit for me here in Ontario during the shotgun hunt! :oops:
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I only use the doe estrus one. Its about 1 week time frame to get good results also
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I usually spray it on my boot sole when I get to within 200 yards of my stand and lay a "scent trail" on the way in. Then when I get there I set off the rest of the can.

Whenever I have had deer get a wiff of it, they come in and check it out. But the same can be said for Tinks 69 and some other scents that are not as expensive. I just prefer the ease of the aerosol can for laying some scent here and there.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

ecoaster wrote:I usually spray it on my boot sole when I get to within 200 yards of my stand and lay a "scent trail" on the way in. Then when I get there I set off the rest of the can.

Whenever I have had deer get a wiff of it, they come in and check it out. But the same can be said for Tinks 69 and some other scents that are not as expensive. I just prefer the ease of the aerosol can for laying some scent here and there.

wait till one chases you out of the woods in the dark after putting it on your boots:-P only took me one time to figure that out.. HAHAHAHAHA

but samething with the can. I dont have any bottles to worry about leaking. I always hated that deer pee smell when I would take the wife out to eat after hunting. Didnt seem to get her in the mood LOL
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

i used to try all the scents sold and now i just save my money and play the wind.

if i learned that earlier i could have bought my excalibur a lot earlier with all the money i would have saved. :D
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!