Maximus crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

one shot scott

Maximus crossbow

Post by one shot scott »

I had a chance recently to be up close and personal with the excalibur knock-off, Maximus I think the name is. The first thing I noticed is that they look very simailar but the riser is slightly different, camo is a bit off but if you look at it quickly it blended in pretty well with the excaliburs. But that is where the similarities end!! I picked it up and WOW that thing is heavy! Im no pro wrestler, but being a 33 year old mechanic im no old geezer either. But that things was uncomfortable to hold. I could not imagine holding on an animal for any length of time. That there is reason enough not to buy one. The Excal in comparison felt like a feather weight. To be fair, I never shot it, but I doubt I could hold it comfortably enough to shoot a dozen arrows. Even light crossbows can wear you down after awhile.

And its certainly Chinese!! On the side had a warning: " It is harmfull to dryfire your bow, unless a arrow is installed"

So dryfiring it with an arrow installed is OK! :wink: :lol: :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Grizzly Adam

Re: Maximus crossbow

Post by Grizzly Adam »

one shot scott wrote: And its certainly Chinese!! On the side had a warning: " It is harmfull to dryfire your bow, unless a arrow is installed"
Indeed. Aside from crafting a superb crossbow, our Canadian friends Bill and Kath do the Queen's English no harm ... eh? :!: :P :lol:
Grizz
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Careful griz, you might be labeled a ....... hoser! :D
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Mike P wrote:Careful griz, you might be labeled a ....... hoser! :D
I'd rather be labeled a Hoosier, Mike. :mrgreen: :wink:
Grizz
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I like "Bob's your Uncle", hope it isn't a cuss phrase, lol. The Ginzu clone is another pos.
"Eze 18:21"
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

http://members.shaw.ca/kcic1/canisms.html

Theres some Canadianisms for ya. Thers some anit Amercanisms there too, I dont share their opinions, but you guys had it coming.
Hosers.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-