Getting Another Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Phoenix_Tom

Getting Another Excalibur

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

The other night my wife said that we were almost done the Christmas shopping but that we still need a "big" gift for our son. Our daughter's big gift was taken care of. I told my wife about the chat I'd had with our son when we were coming back from a weekend of crossbow hunting in October where I had asked my son hypothetically if he had his choice of a big ticket gift would he want a new rifle, shotgun, Excalibur, or compound bow. He chose Excalibur. My wife gave me the green light so I'm off to buy him a Vixen II with lightstuff package. I love the gift of giving - especially when it's an Excalibur!

Merry Christmas to all of you and your families!
2008 Phoenix w/ Varizone Scope
FFF String (Boo string wannabee)
Groundpounder Mount
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout RF
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
Rich

Re: Getting Another Excalibur

Post by Rich »

Fine choice, I'm sure he will be excited. Any chance he will get to use it before your season ends.

Rich
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

I loved giving my boys rifles, bows and fishing gear. It was a real joy through out the years. And its a good thing I did it when they were young because with college, buying cars for them and paying insurance...............the money tree has been pretty well picked :lol:

Long
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well thats going to be a very nice gift fer yer son. Way to go, Merry Christmas
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

Rich wrote:Fine choice, I'm sure he will be excited. Any chance he will get to use it before your season ends.

Rich
Absolutely! We dialed in the varizone right at the shop with 100 gr field points and I got him a pack of the Spitfire magnum xts that I know from experience, at least with the 125gr, go right where the FPs go. I'm sure we'll be in the GB on the 27th when we get back to town and he gets it. We're doing Christmas Eve and Day at the in-laws, about 9 hours from here and coming home the 26th to more gifts. I must admit I'm pretty excited for him!

BTW, I saw the new hard case that fits the Excaliburs at the archery shop. For those that don't follow my posts - if I see something knd of need or possibly want, I tend to buy it. I'm the demographic that marketing weanies drool over. So yeah, I bought the case. I'm just about to test the Phoenix with GP mount attached in it and will let yas know how it fits. I also seem to remember someone saying they wanted pics. If so, I'll take some and post them.
2008 Phoenix w/ Varizone Scope
FFF String (Boo string wannabee)
Groundpounder Mount
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout RF
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

your son will love it. My kids use my Vixen
Oh humbug!! Christmas. Gave my self a PSE mojo 3d compound bow yesterday. Got no money for anyone else now. :) :) 3d shooting next year will even be more fun!!!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

WOW! :shock:

I'd say that is a "big" gift! :!: :D

I can remember a Christmas with no gift, 'cause times were so hard, and I was the oldest. Didn't hurt me a bit ... I understood!

I'm glad times are good for you, and I know your boy will be thrilled. :D 8)
Grizz
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I am up for adoption and would love to be your son,
Hunt eat sleep repeat.