Tagged 1 At The Buzzer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

slider

Re: Tagged 1 At The Buzzer

Post by slider »

Great story and pics....good things come to those who wait!!!

I think the easy days of deer hunting in Southern Ontario have passed us by for a few years.....this makes sending an arrow on a perfect shot(like you did) only that much more rewarding!

Good luck with the sinus infection!

Slider
2008 Phoenix
Illuminated FireBolts
100 g spitfires
Varizone
Flemish String

Always try your best!
bowaholic

Post by bowaholic »

Nice looking buck!! Way to hang in there! Congrats.
korey99

Post by korey99 »

Congrats on the buck. I've had a tough time getting close to them this season as well.....I've been seeing them, by not within 50 yards! Sometimes the buggers eem to have you pegged. I've been scrapping with an 8 pointer I've seen 4 times, and watched graze while I can only watch him, out of bow range! I'm in the right area, but choosing the wrong stand....

Hopefully my luck turns as your did....Great perserverance.

Korey
PABOWDUDE60

Post by PABOWDUDE60 »

That is a very nice Buck. Congrats on your patience and perseverance. It has to be nice hunting in the snow. We just got dumped on over the weekend 14". Maybe I'll go out after Christmas, I still have 1 doe tag left for PA.
09 Exomax
Lumizone
Boo String
Ground Pounder Mount
Crazy Farmer Alum Camo Arrows With Bolt Cutter BHs
2016 Bull Dog 400 diablo bolts bolt cutters
radio2operate

Post by radio2operate »

As they say, it is not over until it is over.Congrats on the late season kill.The plan always comes together when you put in the time and don't give up.Most guys would not have been out there the way you felt.I know how you felt since I have suffered with the sinus problems the past couple of weeks.
DanO

Post by DanO »

You deserve that deer! Enjoy it all winter long beside a warm fire! Congratulations! :)

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
roland

Post by roland »

congrats on the good deer and the story.
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

gerald strine wrote:What a way to end the season !!!!
I get depressed if I do not get a harvest of venison for the winter , nothing compares to eating your own deer knowing that you earned it through skill ,patience,scouting,practice,ect.
Great buck.
Thank you I know exactly what you mean about having venison for the winter, my family loves it even my 2 little girls will lick the plate clean lol. He is a great buck and he will be some excellent eating and it is very gratifying when it all comes together and the work and time put in pays off even though it was at the buzzer probably makes it even more so. I tell ya I was never happier or more excited to see a deer that I can remember. :D
Family, Friends, Huntn & Fishn
Exomaxer

Post by Exomaxer »

Last edited by Exomaxer on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

Thanks everyone just goes to show that it can happen anytime and sometimes it can happen fast. It only takes a couple minutes for it to happen from the time you spot them to the time they hit the ground. For what its worth when you have all but given up get back to basics and give it one more try. Play the wind and stick to the food source, don't venture too far into the staging area's they seem to be bedding real close to the food source this time of year (in my experience) you never know when your luck will change. Good luck everyone on filling your tag at the buzzer.
Fishn-Hunter
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

one shot scott wrote:Congrats one the well earned buck!! Where in Ontario are you? Im going to be planning a fishing trip within the next two weeks, and we dont even have snow here in Hamilton yet :lol:
I am in the Napanee area :D
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

roly wrote:Good story and great pic's
You probably forgot how bad you were feeling :D

Man you had a full day!!!
Lol it was a full day and one I will remember for many years to come, and yes I actually did forget about my rotten sickness for a little while or at least I didn't let it hold me down from my high from the days events, I am still smiling. :D
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

maple wrote:Very, very nice!!! Way to hang in there.

Try one of those Netti pots for the sinus infection. I hear they really work.

Maple.
Hey great thanks I will give that a try, man its really hanging on, I hope it lets up soon. My 4 year old just came down with a fever poor thing she is white as a sheet.
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

Iamcdneh wrote:Congrats Bud, You def had the wildlife gods at your beckon call that day, you were nailin them on the ice and then nailed the big guy! beauty deer sorry I couldn't be there for the recovery! Now we can focus on tryin to break a PB on ice!!!
Hey thanks man I should have bought lottery tickets that day lol. I know you would have been there to help in a heart beat if you were not working. Yes it is time to hit the ice hard, you have set the bar pretty high for Walleye at 15lbs 11oz. you topped my 14lb PB lol but I will be gunnin for ya lol :twisted:
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

slider wrote:Great story and pics....good things come to those who wait!!!

I think the easy days of deer hunting in Southern Ontario have passed us by for a few years.....this makes sending an arrow on a perfect shot(like you did) only that much more rewarding!

Good luck with the sinus infection!

Slider
I couldn't agree with you more Southern Ontario has taken a big hit on the whitetail population and I also believe its going to be tuff hunting for the next few years, and I don't think there will be many extra archery tags given out for a couple years and antlerless tags also.
Fishn-Hunter