20" Fire Bolts
150gr Boltcutters
Ground Pounder Mount
Boo Strings
STS
barnett

Re: To Those of Us Born between1930 - 1979

Post by barnett »

Comfybear i can remember riding in the rear window of my dad car there was enough room for me and my brother lol.
If your not first YOUR LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Yep. When I was growing up, I was out catching snakes, salamanders, grasshoppers. Fishing in the nearby creek using stale bread to catch creek chubs(trophy creek chubs :wink: ).

We would go out during lunch at school to the creek in the winter, walk on the ice then wade through the open stretches, then go back to school sopping wet.

I remember getting in trouble one birthday because I had gone out in the morning looking for mice and snakes. My parents came looking for me. They found me. I had to walk through the muddy field to the car only to lose both shoes along the way. We were supposed to go out. Opps!!

When my brother and I got in trouble my mom would tie us to the fence in the backyard.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Lady Di

Post by Lady Di »

:D We sure were fortunate,besides having parents that were there,boundries and freedoms (unheard of today)imaginations that could run free and the space to do it in. We have witnessed everything from the use of horses,to having a man on the moon.
Its funny to hear some of the comments out of the younger generation that have no concept of even what your talking about,no t.v.?,no computors or video games?,no organized sports?,Walk?and so on .But the majority are still great kids who have inherited the values the parents were brought up with and a lucky few get to experience some of the things we did. :D
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

AMEN Comfy!!!!!!! God has blessed us with two wonderful kids that respect their elders as well as their friends. If my parents were to call my name and I answered with a "what or yea" I can only imagine what the slap across the face would have felt like but because they taught me respect, I demand the same from my kids and recieve it without question. Anyhow, a great post Comfy, thank you!!!!!!!!
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
diesel

Post by diesel »

Awesome post how true.
DevilDog

Post by DevilDog »

That was a good post - I had steam trains too. If we was tossing rocks at em they could blow out steam from the sides and scare the crap out of us.
Fuzz
lscha

Post by lscha »

DevilDog wrote:That was a good post - I had steam trains too. If we was tossing rocks at em they could blow out steam from the sides and scare the crap out of us.
Fuzz
WELCOME Devildog! Image
Did you ever take 2 straight pins (crossed) and lay them on the tracks? They look like a pair of scissors after the train runs over them. Coins were fun too! :D
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

Yes, good post. I've seen this one before and it does bring back memories.

A big difference though is that we had no streetlights nor did we have a yard light. I grew up on a farm, so starting at a very young age (before 1950) I had farm chores to do daily. The funny part is that the farm chores weren't all that bad and I actually looked forward to them. Sure, play time came, but come chore time, play had to take a back seat.

That was all good and well until the spam years. Then milking the cows on Saturday night, Sunday morning and Sunday night seemed a terrible hardship. It sure cut down on the Saturday night fun....but we got along just fine. Occasionally I still wish I was milking cows....except on weekends.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
mikej

Post by mikej »

i wasn't born during that time but i still remember when i was young being much like that . the good old days
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
bucont

Post by bucont »

Wow, Great Post.

Yea, a sandwich, fishing rod and tackle box and away you would go.
The one day a couple of buddies and I fished on the bank of the Thames river, we must have been around 12 years old I think. As we looked for a new spot along the shore to fish we noticed a roll net in the river for the walleye run. Boys will be boys and we helped ourselves, the roll net was illegal anyway. Who's going to know, Right?
We took "our catch" and headed for home to show our parents. Well within a half mile we had two 20 something year old men standing in front of us wanting the fish back. Needless to say the three of us took a beating and they took "their fish" back. :)
Move this into today "if it would ever happen" and I could see some charges being laid, more than likely on both parties.
We have got a real good laugh out of this through the years and it still bring a smile to my face as I think about. :) Funny how a beating you take with friends is such a fond memory. I would not trade it for fishing with a Wii or xbox for anything.
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA