Few days left.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kendo kid

Few days left.

Post by kendo kid »

Sorry I have not been around any. I have hunted 23 days this season. Usually just a few hours at the end of the day as school and work are taking huge amount of time. I have seen lots of deer, 4 shooters ( 8 points or better). While hunting with my partner, I have taken 3 this year. My first blood as usual was a doe. Then a mercy killing of a young spike that was so beat up he would never have made it through winter. Limping badly, right horn broken off at the base, right ear totally torn at the base so he looked like a donkey. I actually think he was grateful. Mature 140 at 23 yards slight quartering away. Younger than last years mass monster who had few points. Missed early in the season at 14 yards a nice mature 8 point. It took two weeks to get over the blown shot. He came in on my blind side at 17 yards. I was on the ground sitting at the base of a tree. Had to turn and shoot at the same time. Fired too quick and put it over his back. He will be bigger next year. Love December but you got to be tough to take this weather. Just looking for doe now. Let everyone else grow.
Kendo
No talking; just act.
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
one shot scott

Re: Few days left.

Post by one shot scott »

Sounds like you have seen a fair bit of activity! soory to hear about the miss, but with 3 your doing better than some. Hope you get the brute!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Good to here from ya. Jon ... A successfull year by the sounds of it ! Congrat's on the whitetails taken !

Good luck in the last days out ... Hope that big 8 gives you another chance !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Big John

Post by Big John »

Very Glad to hear you posting Jon. Excellent work out there as usual. 8)
I hope you put the Smackdown on some Honkers as Well!! I'm sure you did though. :wink:
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

No geese this year John, Too much school and work. The only time available was for deer. I even had to turn RJ down on quick goose hunt call. I would have enjoyed the shoot.

By the way I bought a couple of Game Sleds. (Not Dead Sleds as I tried them and they broke apart on the first time I used them), The Game Sleds will also come in really handy for hauling decoys and geese during the Spring 2010 hunt. I hope to have time to exact retribution and righteous indignation "Pulp Fiction" on them in the Spring.

Tundra Swans and Snow Geese were in at Lake Simcoe for a few weeks. Most have moved South now.

Tree Stand Safety tip for tomorrow morning with -25 C Wind Chill. " To prevent falling from tree stand, place your tongue on any metal part of the tree stand once you are settled in."

Kendo
Don't talk; Act
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur