My First FITA Shoot

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vaguru

My First FITA Shoot

Post by vaguru »

I shot my first FITA score this evening. Whew, that 2 minutes can go fast! Ate dinner 2 hours earlier than normal, tried to get to the club to sight in as I hadn't shot past 10 yds. Got there, everyone else had the same idea! Had to wait for an opening on the line, guessed at elevation and shot. Got off 6 arrows before practice ended!

First three arrows of FITA are sighters, so I kept going. Marked them on the target face. Took 9 more arrows to get dialed in. Took that much time to get settled down anyway. Hate rushing!

Final results, 430/450. Next highest score was a 409. There was some astonishment, but lots of POSITIVE comments about how quiet the Apex shot! Really surprised me, no negative comments.

I offered to let anyone there to shoot the Apex if they liked. Only 2 shooters took me up on it, and were very impressed with the results.

Guess I had fun, but upset with myself for a few really bad shots (in my mind). This bow will put them in the SAME hole at 20 yds, if I do my part!

Tomorrow I get to shoot 5 Spot.
Attachments
Excalibur Apex  First FITA Shoot 009.jpg
Excalibur Apex First FITA Shoot 009.jpg (96.99 KiB) Viewed 1512 times
Gold Tip Pro Staff
Bohning Pro Staff
sumner4991

Re: My First FITA Shoot

Post by sumner4991 »

Very nice shooting! Good luck tomorrow . . .it's good to know these things will actually fire in these temps. :lol:

I am hoping to go out on a afternoon hunt this week . . .looking like Friday may be a winner.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
gerald strine

Re: My First FITA Shoot

Post by gerald strine »

cool
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
bdog