Bogs Boots

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Turtleman

Bogs Boots

Post by Turtleman »

Does any one have any experiences to share with purchases of Bogs Boots? Me and my brother both bought pairs at relatively the same time and have had nothing but problems with them. Soles coming off or loose, Fading , and leaking. For $100 bucks i expected a little more than this. Let me know if others have had good or bad experiences!!!!
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
gerald strine

Re: Bogs Boots

Post by gerald strine »

Never tried bogs boots but I have been using muck boots for the last 2 yrs and love them, not a late season boot but the most comfortable boot I own and very easy to walk in.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I bought a pair at the local feed store this fall.
So far they are doing fine. No leaks and they still look to be in good condition.
I haven't worn them every day, but if we get the predicted snow they may see some hard use in the near future. :roll:
wabi
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

i got a pair of red head rubber boots from bass pro .the first day out thy were great .latter that week i ended up with blood pouring out of my heels and walking back to the truck in my socks in november across a plowed corn feild .boy did that suck anyways i missed the next three days of deer hunting as i could barley walk .not happy .so what to do .100$ worth of boots that i canot wear .thy are the bone -dry tall boots with 400 grams of thinsulate.so i went ot to the shop and strated to look around for a remedy .and found an old pair of waders 5 mill neaprean .i cut a patch out long enough to go from the top down the back of the boot to the heal .and with shoegoo stuck it in .i can say that thy have turned out to be the best boot i have ever worn foot does not slide at all .i have been wearing them for two years now and hope to get two more out of them .you have to glue the patch in all the way to the top so it does not start to roll down everytime you put your foot in and out of the boot .it worked great.so if you have an olde pair of waders thy have lots of use you can cut a patch to go up the shin of your jeans for bird hunting it will keep the pickers out of your legs .and looks good to .this stuff is good for all kinds of fixes DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

In my quest for boots last year I tried on the Bogs at a local shoe store that has a great reputation, I just couldn't seem to get them to feel right. I always bring my hunting socks with me when I shop for boots (clean and burr free :D ), they just had a cheap feel to me.
I ended up with Mucks, and I love the things, cost a bit more but it feels like you are wearing your favorite running shoes, soft, flexable and waterproof to the hilt.
As the season progressed I found that they got cold, but all my boots seemed to do that this year. I bought a pair of sock liners for under my hunting socks and now they feel like the perfect boot, and warm.
Boots are one of those things you need to try on for yourself.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

second the muck boots, so so comfortable, but not the best in the cold-20degrees fahrenheit.
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125