No will power.....................

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longwinters

No will power.....................

Post by longwinters »

I bought my Exocet in early October. Of course it came with the Excalibur string which was just fine. I shot it quite a bit with no problems at all even the serving was holding up just fine. Took a doe with it and was happy :D

After reading all the discussions and information on this site I felt my self-discipline weakening, my judgement was getting foggy and I felt like I needed a change (like seeing what is over the next hill)...soon (end of Oct) an STS was purchased and installed. I took my Excal string to a friend and he re-served it, making it long enough for the STS. So everything was great. The bow was shooting fine and all was good.... :roll: or so I thought.....

I tried to be strong. But it was like the apple to Adam and Eve (well not quite, but you know what I mean). The quest for perfection was calling me; the harder I fought the more it called. Undaunting and unwavering was its sweet siren song and I could no longer resist :twisted: . A Boo string with whiskers was ordered in early November. It just arrived today. I strung it on my bow and it was perfect. A work of art. Measured exactly to what I had requested of Don. Ahh....the feelings of joy and relief.

I hope to enjoy this feeling of euforia as long as possible...before the song of the xbow calls again. 8)

Long
Big John

Re: No will power.....................

Post by Big John »

Oh what a Sweet Song that is. :) Darn near brought a tear to my eye.
That song comes back every time I buy a new bow. 8)
Thanks for the memory, haven't got a new one in a little while. :(
Will power, huh, who needs it anyway.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
lscha

Post by lscha »

Ahhh......The Song of the Crossbow. You may have been under the impression that this was a crossbow hunting forum. It is actually a support group for .......

"BOW TWEAK" :twisted:

(standing) My name is lscha and I am an Excal addict. I haven't bought anything crossbow related since yesterday. When I do receive my latest acquisition I will post, brag, and display pictures and, if encouraged, I will report all my future hunts: successes and failures.

Some on here will say they have conquered this addiction but don't be deceived. They probably already have it all!!!

Good luck to you. We all enjoy our 'bow candy'.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
bbbwb

Post by bbbwb »

Ischa:
Looking forward to your revelation of purchases. Suspense!!!!!!!

bbbwb
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Great posts! :lol:

Gotta love love love those Boo strings! Now you need a collection - a different colour for each mood! :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
saxman

Post by saxman »

I love my Boo strings.
All but 1 of my crossbow kills were made with a Boo string.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! To be young again. Feels good! :D

ENJOY!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

My name is Dan, I got it bad! Just yesterday I had this overwhelming desire to throw a FFF on the Vixen and see what I could get it to do w/ some 400 gr refletched shiny new Blazered arrows at 30 yds.

Ooops, just remembered I Jig-A-Loo'd the rail, gotta go see if that changes my poi. And what county the bheight is now in w/ the new FFF.
"Eze 18:21"
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Its OK Longwinters, you are among friends here, we understand.

In may case, my Exocet 165 was 100% factory issued (including arrows) for its first 10 years. Everything was perfectly fine until I had a fellow make me some custom arrows, and that's when the ball started rolling. Next came a stronger, custom Dacron string, followed by a Groundpounder quiver mount. The Mag-tip limbs should be arriving any day now and I've already put Boo on notice in regard to a FF string to go with the new limbs. Naturally, my current arrows will no longer do (nevermind the fact that I've taken several deer with them), but not too worry, John has already pencilled me in for an arrow consultation.

Thanks goodness that my crossbow has an old cast riser that won't take an STS/NGSS, so I'm not even tempted in that regard. But, hey wait a minute, now that I think of it, didn't I see an old post that mentioned you can convert the riser by finding a machinist who will....
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Long some of John's or Crazy's arrows will put you over the edge it's ok we are working on your intervention :lol:
The best things in life are not things!!
roly

Post by roly »

Hi , I'm an addict too.
I am taking meds. to control my cravings

I am making great progress, this week I have only ordered two new strings and some fusion vanes, I feel the meds. are helping

The stuff I ordered from Lee Vally dosen't really count, Right?

Oh God where's my pills!!!!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I love you guys & gals!!! :D You make me feel normal. :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

My name is David and I am an Excal addict. :oops: I bought a new Exomax last week to go along with my Exocet 175 and thought that I would be set and not need another one for some time to come.
But after getting it in the mail today and getting it put together Laramee, my 14 year old daughter said that it wasn’t fair for me to have two and her not to have one too, :roll: so …I started looking today at Vixen’s and have not been able to stop myself. I’m afraid that I will be buying a Vixen II next week if I don’t come to my senses. To make matters worse Keona, my 10 year old told me that if I got Laramee one I had better get her one too or she would be upset. :shock: How do I get myself into these situations? :wink: :)
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

theoldarcher wrote:My name is David and I am an Excal addict. :oops: I bought a new Exomax last week to go along with my Exocet 175 and thought that I would be set and not need another one for some time to come.
But after getting it in the mail today and getting it put together Laramee, my 14 year old daughter said that it wasn’t fair for me to have two and her not to have one too, :roll: so …I started looking today at Vixen’s and have not been able to stop myself. I’m afraid that I will be buying a Vixen II next week if I don’t come to my senses. To make matters worse Keona, my 10 year old told me that if I got Laramee one I had better get her one too or she would be upset. :shock: How do I get myself into these situations? :wink: :)
it started about 15 years ago with a cold beer.
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

what next now???