O/T - Really Pisses me Off!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: O/T - Really Pisses me Off!

Post by Boo »

I know how twisted inside you feel! Had my house broken into three times and something from a trailer lifted once. If that isn't bad enough the insurance phucked me over too! Bastards! All of them. Not allowed to hurt them, only allowed to want to....................
In one of the break-ins when I opened the front door I heard the person exiting the rear door. Too bad my vicious German Sheppard welcomed the person into my house through the spam window! :roll:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Pink Panther

Post by Pink Panther »

post the pictures around the area with a reward see what turns up.
Dunn14

Post by Dunn14 »

I know how you feel. My dirtbike was stolen off the front lawn in the middle of the day this summer. Hope you catch the SOB
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've had to install motion detector security lights around my house because of the trespassers and thieves. Luckily all they've stolen (before I added the lights) was the flower planters off the front porch. :roll:
10 or 15 years ago it was safe to leave your doors unlocked in the daytime here - not so today! :cry:
wabi
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

Well this thread is just awful. I hate thieves and I hate being ripped off. I once lost a laptop from my truck too. The bast..ds busted the antenna off the truck to use to smash a window on the truck. That was adding insult to injury.

To the OP: Keep your eyes open at the local pawn shops and any other local, quick and easy means of selling stuff. Good luck.
2008 Phoenix w/ Varizone Scope
FFF String (Boo string wannabee)
Groundpounder Mount
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout RF
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Those gps's are a hot item for theives. They will break into your car for just the possibility you might have one in the glove box. That is what happened to me in the past week. They didnt find it in the car though. They just made a mess. Buggers :evil:

The best thing to do is create a password for the gps. Most have the ability and if some crook gets the gps, at least they cant use it. You can at least get some satisfaction from that. The 2nd best thing to do is wipe of the circle on the windsheild. That just screams that you have electronics in the vehicle. And dont use the plastic bases that glue to the dash! These is all minor things, and I admit I feel a bit silly saying them, but if it helps save one person some aggrevation it was worth posting.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
peter p

Post by peter p »

Huntman,
sorry to hear about your truck being broken into.
How do the the SOB's bypass the alarm on the vehicle?
I know a guy who has an 09 F150 and they stole his truck and drove off with it.
He had the doors locked and the alarm set but when they found the truck nothing was broken. They did take all his paperwork in a briefcase that he needed for work and that's it.
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

thou shall not steal has gone to hell in a handbasket. if it aint tied down or locked up around here it will be gone in a detroit minute. and it the catch the sob's they are back on the streets before the paperwork is done!
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I hope they get him!

Good thing you don't live here. It would be near impossible to get the police to put any time into finding this guy. They have so much on their plate that investigating petty stuff is at the bottom of the list. Not that your loss is petty, but, compared to all the shootings and armed robberies . . .well . . .
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
huntman

Post by huntman »

peter p wrote:Huntman,
sorry to hear about your truck being broken into.
How do the the SOB's bypass the alarm on the vehicle?
I know a guy who has an 09 F150 and they stole his truck and drove off with it.
He had the doors locked and the alarm set but when they found the truck nothing was broken. They did take all his paperwork in a briefcase that he needed for work and that's it.
First he tried to "slim jim" the driver side window, then he broke the key less entry pad and he still couldn't get in. The he went to the passenger side broke the window with a flashlight, reached in and unlocked the doors. Because the truck was parked tight up to the from porch he couldn't open that door. He went to the drivers side and opened the door. I guess the truck alarm didn't go off because he unlocked the doors. I don't think those factory alarms are good for anything except unlocking your doors.
Island Hunter

Post by Island Hunter »

That really sucks. It sure would be sweet to catch them in the act, bet they would never steel again!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

If caught they should cut a hand off, then when you see a one handed person you would know to watch them. Second offence cut the other, then they can't steal. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you get your stuff back, that's the most important thing. :) :) :)
(2013) MATRIX 355
Tact-Zone scope
18" Diablo's
150gr Boltcutters
Danny's Flemish String
Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers
(2009) EXOMAX 350
Varizone Scope
20" Fire Bolts
150gr Boltcutters
Ground Pounder Mount
Boo Strings
STS
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Not sure where exactly you live Huntman, but I wouldn't be surprised if the guy comes through the neighbourhood again.

We have had that problem on our street here in Stoney Creek. On the same night my sister-in-laws car was broken into, gps and change taken. Our car was rummaged through, as was a couple of the neighbours. A few nights after this took place my wife and I arrived on our street, 2am or so. It was the middle of summer, so quite warm out but I saw a guy on the sidewalk kind of standing in the shadows wearing a long sleeve red/black checkered jacket. As soon as we got home I took the dog for an investigative walk. He had already disappeared.

I have since installed motion lights overlooking the vehicles.

Another inexpensive device to think about is one of those alarms you put near the end of your driveway. If someone walks through the beam an alarm sounds in your house. Perhaps you could even put it in your vehicle in such a way that it would be triggered when entered.

Having this guy in the house is a pretty good deterent. He is stronger than heck, and has no problem putting you on on the ground.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
huntman

Post by huntman »

Chris:

I live in Vaughan about a five min car ride from Bass Pro. I like your idea of the monitor on the driveway something like a door chime similar to one in a variety store.

That's a beauty dog you have there, your son has all the protection he needs. His the dog defensive over your little guy?
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

He's becoming more and more protective as he matures. He's just over a year old.

But with welcomed guest he is great, even kids. Just ask pydpiper.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

chris4570 wrote: But with welcomed guest he is great, even kids. Just ask pydpiper.
Indeed, his head is bigger than my 6 year olds! I don't suspect anyone is going to try to push their way past him. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string