Phoenix or Vixen 2

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xs109c2

Phoenix or Vixen 2

Post by xs109c2 »

Which is more popular the Phoenix or Vixen crossbowbow and what would be the pro's and con's of either? I am going to purchase one or the other but can't decide. It will be used for backyard target shooting and foul weather deer hunting. I want to shoot Peep And Pin on this one. Thanks,
Excaliber Exocet & Relayer25
Ten Point Phantom
lscha

Re: Phoenix or Vixen 2

Post by lscha »

Good luck on THAT choice. :lol: :lol: You need to shoot both and see. They are both great bows.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I'd get the Phoenix. Here's why. If you use a FFF on the Vixen II, fairly light arrows, and an Excel on the Phoenix w/ a tad heavier arrows, ya got the same bow.

Since you coughed up enough filthy lucre for the Phantom, get them both, lol......

All kidding aside, I've had every Excal made today and a few out of production. I just got my kid and the kid in me a Vixen. What a treat! I tried to buy a Phoenix once, got it from Danny Miller and just loved it. Sooo much more pleasant than my Emax.

Problem was, it was a mis-labeled Exocet. After a whole year, I was so enamored w/ my 'Phenocet', I couldn't give it up.

Welcome to the 'Excal Quandry'. Bad news: So many choices. Good news: They all are good!
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Which one to choose. I had that choice once & i ended up with one of each. The Phoenix being higher poundage can handle a heavier arrow & shoot the same speed the vixenII can with its lightest arrow. Now will a vixen take game out at yonder yardage ? Sure as snuff it will, i have one & knowed fer a fact it will lay a tick toter low to the ground. They be easier to cock & can shoot lots more times. So shoot both of them then flip a coin! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wabi

Post by wabi »

Either one is plenty for deer hunting, but the Vixen is a bit shorter (in total length and "length of pull") - the Vixen will also be a bit less strenuous to cock, so you may get in a bit more target shooting with it.

I have a Phoenix, but I don't do a lot of target shooting anymore.
wabi
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Choose the Phoenix or Vixen II?

YES!
:D :D :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

i think the phoenix is a choice you cant go wrong with. :D
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

I have the Exocet 175# and love but would like to have a older Vixen for target shooting. A little easyier to cock.
The year I boughthe bow there was a articule in some outdoor mag. the biggest bull moose shoot that year was taken with a Vixen. So it's moore than enough.

It comes down to f its a Excalibur it's a good choice!

Go shoot them both and see.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
petev

Post by petev »

I just got one of those Phenocets. I had ordered an Exocet, and it came with a Phoenix sticker on. At first I was a little concerned, but it turned out to be the Exocet that I had ordered. I guess the factory makes a mistake one in a while is putting the right sticker on the stock.
Exocet 200
Hoyt Alpha Max 35
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

petev wrote:I just got one of those Phenocets. I had ordered an Exocet, and it came with a Phoenix sticker on. At first I was a little concerned, but it turned out to be the Exocet that I had ordered. I guess the factory makes a mistake one in a while is putting the right sticker on the stock.
Dang Pete, You just cut the value of mine in half, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
Migabby

Post by Migabby »

I have the Vixen and Love it for it's ease in cocking... But I would love to have a Phoenix Rail on my Vixen Stock. Then I would have the best of both. If you like the short stock of the Vixen. Maybe Danny Miller could make one?
Migabby
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
petev

Post by petev »

awshucks wrote:
petev wrote:I just got one of those Phenocets. I had ordered an Exocet, and it came with a Phoenix sticker on. At first I was a little concerned, but it turned out to be the Exocet that I had ordered. I guess the factory makes a mistake one in a while is putting the right sticker on the stock.
Dang Pete, You just cut the value of mine in half, lol.
Sorry 'bout that awshucks. Guess it is no longer a collectors item. Still a nice bow though.
Exocet 200
Hoyt Alpha Max 35