Excalibur Hard Case (with pictures)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

simplykaotic

Excalibur Hard Case (with pictures)

Post by simplykaotic »

About a month ago, I came to this forum asking for advice on where I could find a hard crossbow case that could fit an Excalibur crossbow. The answer came in a very short format. A name, a number, and a tip to speak in french.

Thankfully, the french part was not a problem for me, so I gave Sylvie at Rotomoulage DL a call.

Following the Call there was about 1 week of emails back and fourth getting as much information about this case before purchasing.

The case sells for 150$ + tax in Quebec at retail hunting stores.
She offered me a discounted price, since it was directly from the factory.

She was very helpful, answering any questions I had.

So, once I decided to purchase, I sent a check, and once received, it was shipped. Better yet, I received it the next day! (From Quebec to east Ontario, but still very quick).

The case fits the crossbow perfectly, it was obviously designed specifically for Excalibur crossbows. Underneath the limbs, there was enough room to fit the soft case as well as a bag with all my accessories. The quicker sits on the limbs, and I can keep it loaded while still easily closing the case. I haven't found how to secure the quiver so it does not rattle around just yet. Also, the crossbow fits inside the case even when the scope is attached, although non-Excal scopes might not fit.

Don't let the small pictures fool you, the case is quite big, but that is not a design flaw...it does have to fit a pretty big crossbow inside.

If you have any questions about the case, feel free to ask, although there might be a delay in responses, since I live 1 hour away from where my crossbow is currently stored.

Bow in Case

Closed Case

Empty Case

Latch

Logo

Anybody know what this is for?
Last edited by simplykaotic on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pydpiper

Re: Excalibur Hard Case (with pictures)

Post by Pydpiper »

Whoa! Sweet..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Moulded in broadhead wrench in the last pic
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
saxman

Post by saxman »

I love it :D :D
NewGuy is right,those are broadhead wrencher for 3 & 4 blade heads.
Thanks for posting that
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
gruntahunta

Post by gruntahunta »

Love it to! I want one but dont like my chanses of getting one down under any time soon?

but if they ever do become avalable I will snap one up!

I wander if any one at Excalibur is looking into doing a deal with manufacturer?
to distribute them to the Excal dealers??
responsible hunters are true conservationists and game managers.
saxman

Post by saxman »

gruntahunta wrote:Love it to! I want one but dont like my chanses of getting one down under any time soon?

but if they ever do become avalable I will snap one up!

I wander if any one at Excalibur is looking into doing a deal with manufacturer?
to distribute them to the Excal dealers??
gruntahunta
You may not be aware but your avatar is HUGE!!!!!!!
I know they can be a pain.
Delete what you have or select to not use an avatar.Send me the picture you want as an avatar and I will edit it to the proper size and send it back,if you want I can post it for you.
Thank you mt friend :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

Yup. I bought one of these before Christmas. I like it. The archery shop owner doesn't like dealing with the manufacturer though so he's not getting any more from them. He didn't say why but I suspect it's a French thing. If anyone is dealing direct and needs a translator just give me a shout.
2008 Phoenix w/ Varizone Scope
FFF String (Boo string wannabee)
Groundpounder Mount
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout RF
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Phoenix_Tom wrote:Yup. I bought one of these before Christmas. I like it. The archery shop owner doesn't like dealing with the manufacturer though so he's not getting any more from them. He didn't say why but I suspect it's a French thing. If anyone is dealing direct and needs a translator just give me a shout.
Guess they don't want our Canadian dollars then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

:( Looks way to bulky to me. :( For me, for the few times a year traviling back and forth between home and my PA hunting grounds breaking the CB down and using the shipping box seems to be working out just fine. I've done the breakdown setup several times now and have not had to re-zero.

Take care...
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

bkisel wrote::( Looks way to bulky to me.
it does to me also.
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!
Turtleman

Post by Turtleman »

I have a few questions about this case. First will it fit a thumbhole stock ( can't tell if your is or not) . What are the dimensions and weight of the case empty? Are you really satisfied with the case? Thanks CB
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
simplykaotic

Post by simplykaotic »

Turtleman,

Mine is a thumbhole stock (2009 Vortex), so yes it does fit.
I'll try to get exact dimensions this weekend as well as weight.

As for satisfaction, yes, I am quite pleased with it. It is quite big, so definitely need to plan ahead as to where you will store it. It fits everything I need in it, very securely.

The only design flaw, or improvement that I can see, is I would have loved some sort of support beams closer to the middle. Although it is made of hard plastic, it is still a little bit flexible, so, thinking of the worst case scenario where a niece of nephew decides to bounce and jump on it, it could give way enough to collapse it a bit. I tested this with somebody of ~100lbs, getting them to stand on it, the plastic gives way every so slightly at that weight. I noticed this when comparing it to my friends bow case, it had 2 support columns that connected top and bottom.

Also, there doesn't appear to be a hole for a lock on mine, but there is a place where one should be drilled out. Might must have been an oversight. I do plan on drilling it so that I can lock it up.
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

wheelie wrote:
Phoenix_Tom wrote:Yup. I bought one of these before Christmas. I like it. The archery shop owner doesn't like dealing with the manufacturer though so he's not getting any more from them. He didn't say why but I suspect it's a French thing. If anyone is dealing direct and needs a translator just give me a shout.
Guess they don't want our Canadian dollars then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everyone in that story is Canadian Wheelie. So I don't get your comment. :oops:

As far as the bulkiness of the case goes it is bulky - but then again, so are crossbows. I got one of these hard cases to protect the xbow. I can now throw it in the back of the truck with a bunch of hunting gear and coolers and food etc and not worry about the bow. I couldn't do that with the soft case. I've used the double rifle case xbow take down method but I like to verify it after I re-assemble. That isn't going to happen when I get to my camp Friday night to hunt before dawn on Saturday. Having one crossbow in a softcase in the backseat of the truck hasn't been bad but we're now a 2 Excalibur household so one had to go to the back of the truck.
Groundpounder Mount
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

it looks to be an okay case .as far as adding support it can be done pretty easy as well as some foam and straps .how much are thy selling for with shipping costs DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

For sure Dutch!

I paid $145. I have no idea about shipping. But I suspect that as the year goes on, more and more archery shops will be carrying them.
Groundpounder Mount
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s