Newby question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jackleg

Newby question

Post by jackleg »

First off, thanks to everyone who answered Carbon aluminum question posted last week. Lots of good advice, but seems like it all boils down to preference. :)

:roll: Well here is a more straight forward question. Can I hunt and kill moose, bear and deer with my new purchase. (Equinox with right stuff package). I see everyone has custom strings and [/b]arrows[/b] :lol:, Ground pounder, etc. Buy the way what is a ground pounder? Too new to know what all the fancy gadgets are for.I haven't even got it sighted in yet. lol. I really would like some advice if my bow can bettered at a reasonable cost as well.

Sorry to ask so many questions that you all have probably already answered a thousand times. None of my friends hunt with C\B and my dealer is not much either.

Thanks in advance for your posts.

Stumped... :(

Joey :mrgreen:
Equinox
GTII's 2" blazers
Ground pounder mount
Tom

Re: Newby question

Post by Tom »

Too answer your question is yes. Any of the models of Excalibur Hunting Crossbows with their Right Stuff package will kill moose. I believe that the largest Moose In Ontario was taken with a 150lb model of Excalibur. Your 225lb model will take any animal in North America with good shot placement. Remember that heavy bone will stop almost any arrow from penetrating. The right stuff package is put forth for hunters and has quality stuff in it, not parts that they want to get rid of, they will actually work well.

Tinkerers will always tinker with their setup to try and get a little more of this or that, but it is not needed. The Ground pounder you mentioned is a different style quiver mount made by a member (Ground Pounder) from here. Instead of mounting the quiver on the side of your bow, it mounts the quiver on top, over the rail, above your sight plane with the arrow fletchings facing you.

IF you got the mag tip limbs (the Equinox does) then custom strings like the ones Boo (another member here) makes will help some with speed and life of serving.

Hope this helps you.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

That is more than enough to hunt moose bear & deer.
The reason why alot of people shange strings arrows quivers is because were all
fanatics!!!!!!!!!.
Just kidding, but that the nice thing about Excalibur. They supply the most cost effective, great quality stuff you need to get hunting.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

the owner of the company has killed and elaphant with the cross bow as well as lions and lots of animals from africa and around the world .yur bow is perfect for mooses and deer the way it is .lots of fun stuff to add as you get more involved in the sport opf cross bow hunting DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
va3cgt

Post by va3cgt »

Your friends and dealer don't hunt with crossbows which is a good thing. To many guns hunters and the seasons are shorter.

I could crossbow hunt the 3 months deer season is open and not run into another hunter. At least here in the Toronto Canada area. Lots of advantages to archery hunting vs. gun hunting. Plus your ears don't ring after the shot.
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

I believe you have everything you need. perfect practice makes perfect and woodsman opps (woodsperson) skills will finish things up.