Boo

Re: fletching??

Post by Boo »

Opps, wrong thread! :?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Razor Head

Post by Razor Head »

I use the Bitzenberger for regular arrow shafts. When you fletch crossbow arrows you need to use the crossbow adapter.

The adapter has a rubber ring inside that is supposed to grip the end of the shaft so it can be rotated to the next indexing point for the next feather or vane. In theory that’s a good idea. However, I found that it doesn’t do a good job griping the end of the shaft. I got around that by inserting the shaft in the adapter and holding it down while I rotate it to each indexing point. I have filed a small groove with a needle file on the frame above the place where the shaft is inserted in the adapter. The groove is there so I can make a small tick mark with a mechanical pencil. The tick mark is there so when I do start fletching I can double-check that the shaft is rotated 120 degrees for each fletching. If you don’t do that your vanes or feathers could not be placed at the correct 120 degrees on the shaft.

Another tip; spread a thin coat of Vaseline on the inside and outside of the clamp where it grips the vane. That way if some super glue does get on the clamp it will not stick. Yes, I know you are not supposed to get glue on the clamp, but accidents happen.
shuey270

Post by shuey270 »

Do I need a straight jig? I'm use bolts that were made for me that look like they have a slight off set, say 2 degrees. how do I get that?
equinox varazone gt laser 2's 125 thunderhead
Razor Head

Post by Razor Head »

shuey270 wrote:Do I need a straight jig? I'm use bolts that were made for me that look like they have a slight off set, say 2 degrees. how do I get that?
I don't know. I'm using 3" feathers with a right helical. They fly really great.
Boo

Post by Boo »

shuey270 wrote:Do I need a straight jig? I'm use bolts that were made for me that look like they have a slight off set, say 2 degrees. how do I get that?
If you get an Arizona E-Z fletch in either helical or offset you'll be ok. It's great for those first starting out as well as those who are advanced.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
shuey270

Post by shuey270 »

thanks!!
equinox varazone gt laser 2's 125 thunderhead