serving life on new vixen

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

carp 4

serving life on new vixen

Post by carp 4 »

started waxing serving on my new vixen as soon as i got it got over 400 shots so far serving still looks good also being careful not over cock bow put my phoenix up for will but plan to wax serving on it to so far so good thanks again for imput on my last post it seems to be working
wabi

Re: serving life on new vixen

Post by wabi »

No doubt about it - the Vixen is easy on the string and the shooter's muscles.
wabi
carp 4

Post by carp 4 »

yea figured extra shots were due to light pull of vixen but hoping waxing servings on phoenix n vortex will increase shots on them to. been waxing every 25 shots . will be using phoenix for 3d this summer n hunt w vortex n fall. i shoot alot so its nice not to have to change strings out so often .
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

been waxing every 25 shots Don't over wax, it does you no good, imo.
"Eze 18:21"
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

I'm surprised that the design of the modern crossbow and the chemistry of modern serving material doesn't allow for something like a thousand shots without having to put icky stuff on the rail or the serving. Has anyone tried Camel snot? :)

Take care...
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Camel snot has boogers in it not good. Now Owl poop would be a diff story, its slick :lol: You can't beat vixen most comfortable model, easy to shoot, no stress to speak of. Easy on strings & serving. phoenix is the most poundage Bow i own & its fer 3-D's if i ever get to shoot in them again.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
carp 4

Post by carp 4 »

just gettn back w info on new vixen. started waxing serving on first string every 25 shots . got 517 before serving broke . going to get phoenix out n try n see what kind of results i can get w it .dont expect to get that many shots from it but hope waxing serving w increase number shots .
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

There is more than just waxing the serving, you should turn or rotate your string also, if not it's like wearing a path thru your yard to bare ground, get more out of the string by doing this for sure.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers