One big house cat

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bucont

One big house cat

Post by bucont »

I am busted .... lol

I was out for a walk this morning and ran into this big dude. Photos are not the greatest, take at approx 80-100 yards with a 12x zoom. I have never seen a cat this big before in the woods. At first I thought I was looking at a Bobcat until I seen the 2 foot long tail and knowing we do not have bobs in these parts. I would guess it at 20 pounds plus and 25" inches at the shoulder. Looks like a regualar old barn tomcat, but what an impressive specimen.
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
dutchhunter

Re: One big house cat

Post by dutchhunter »

as a trapper i can tell you there are far to many of these cats wandering the great outdoors in southern ont .1 out of 5 traps has a cat in it this winter .thy need to have an open season on them .thy kill everything thy come across even full grown turkeys .thy will destroy a nest full of egges just as quik .all are bunnys ae getting hammered by them as well .i only seen one groues this year thats it .if you drive the back roads at night you will see how many there realy is .it i just out of control . everyone should adapt the S S S mode when thy come across them my 2 cents DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
Wide8pt

Post by Wide8pt »

Definitly a Booner for sure. I've got a 20 pounder at home and that one is way bigger! I've seen them bring home grouse and rabbits (not my ozzy, he's declawed) but not sure about a thunderchicken!
Exocet 200
Boo String
Rage 3 Blade
GT Laser II's
bucont

Post by bucont »

"thunderchicken" :shock: I like em! lol
Last edited by bucont on Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

i hope you vented him étwo holes work good for cross venting thy will kill turkeys DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
bucont

Post by bucont »

Unfortunately he was only 100 yards out of town with the camera and 22. The neighbours would not have taken kindly to gun fire. He is now on the watch list however and I am waiting the oppurtunity.
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
wabi

Post by wabi »

We have one cat that is larger than average weighing in at 18#.
All our cats are kept indoors and neutered/spayed, too!
I have no problem with cats as pets, but feral cats are a real problem to both humans & wildlife.

Here's a pic of our little Zeke (gray/white) curled up with Butterscotch (orange) on our dryer. Nothing like a warm place to snooze after filling your belly! :roll:
wabi
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

House cats are one thing, feral quite another. Back in Illinois we called 'em 'Cornfield Cougars'. I can't say enough about the wonders of CCI CB long caps. Same projectile and charge as the more common CB shorts as found in most Mal-warts, but slightly more accurate imho.

Quieter than most air rifles.
"Eze 18:21"