homemade Targets

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

RichJ

Re: homemade Targets

Post by RichJ »

Now $2 is a deal. Not sure if the pre-painted on circle targets are worth the $10 for my set up. $2 is deff the cheapest we have seen so far. That will be tuff to beat. Stealing inlaws couch cussions may be cheaper but, not in the long run.lol
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

The cushions may be more fun.

With the burlap I will use broadheads on it before hunting season.
Once I shoot the heck out of it, just put in in another bag and add more plastic bags. I bought a dozen of these used bags online so I am good for awhile.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

This is just a mesh bag filled with old clothes and two pieces of 1/2 " foam for a flat front.
Stops the arrows very well and it is very easy to pull them out.

ImageImage
Tenpoint Matrix
Franklin

Post by Franklin »

where are you getting cheap burlap bags? I'm in VA.
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

The ones I have are from a coffee store that imports coffee beans.
This one is in Toronto, let me know if you want the link.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
xcentric

Post by xcentric »

Anyone use wet phone books? (supposedly mimics general large game penetration), since dry ones are denser.

Here is a 2inch yellowpage soaked, and inflated to 3.5 4inches below, with a broadhead arrow, with the blades taken out, penetrating a good 5inches or so.
When dry, it goes thru 4/5s of one book, & only 60% with field/target points.

Anyone have a exomax/equinox willing to examine similar scenario? I can paypal you for your troubles, since im quite curious to see if its that much more powerful, also given the price, and such a huge limb, still deciding on purchase.
I have Barnett wildcat/similar to a ranger...barely considered fullsize crossbow.
K.E probably half of the excalibur, but still curious.

I have seen pics/vids of standard 9mm 38 or even 22shorts not penetrating thru more than 2 standard phone books, I would like to think a highly powered crossbow, or even a tac 15 could almost measure that(KE def lacking, but due to sharp arrows, im curious how far it can go)

cheers.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Just asked yesterday at the feed store where I get my deer feed and dog food. They said they will give me new feed bags and he said they use the shrink rap off the skids and cram as much in the bag as I can. They are even going to sew them up for me. He asked me how many I wanted. Said he will make as many as I want for free. Said he used to sell them at one time. For free sounds like a deal to me. Will have the first ones done for me on Saturday.