camo rail

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

josh1963

camo rail

Post by josh1963 »

I have a 2008 equinox crossbow. It works great but I like the look of to 2009 with the camo rail, Can I camo dip my rail and front end? How do they do it at the factory?
Thanks
Attachments
100_1604.JPG
100_1604.JPG (145.28 KiB) Viewed 2386 times
2008 Excalibur Equinox
AP scope package
Firebolts, NGSS,Ground pounder,s-coil stabilizer,Extender and cheekpiece
one shot scott

Re: camo rail

Post by one shot scott »

You best bet is to sell what you have and buy what you want. Used excaliburs command a pretty high price, and for what you would pay to have it dipped it would be cheaper to sell and then buy the all camo version. This way you get a camo riser too, and it will all match the stock. There was a recent thread from new guy about a camo dip kit thats for sale, but even that is going to cost a minimum of 100.00 usd. 200.00 can.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Not sure if the " dip " would stand up to the abrasion of the string / serving / arrow . Dipping ( hydrographics ) is just an ink pattern top coated with an automotive type clear coat ( either mat or gloss ) .

Price would probably be in the $100 -150 range . I have a friend in the business that I have helped . you could give him a call .

Here is a link :

http://brushfirehg.com/

Hope this helps , Farmer
Stash

Post by Stash »

You could try camo tape along the sides of the rail, leaving the top smooth.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Mind you i don't knowed nutten about the camo dip stuff. I figure the rope cocking hooks will rub anything along the top-side of rail real quick, so much fer a dip job unless its anodized very well
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

There was a post a couple months ago about a guy who was unhappy about only having the all camo version available in a new e' nox. He liked the gray rail better. Do a search and see if he wants to swap :mrgreen:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

to have the rail only camo dipped to match the other parts might be the hard . i believe its realtree ap . if it were me i would just send the whole bow out to be dipped in a custom color/ then you would have a crossbow that looks like no other. maybe buy the new home dip kit for 100$ and do it yourself. camo dip is like a car finish. its tough but will wear though over time. i would think it would be easily touched up though.