transporting my equinox on a 4-wheeler

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

pbearmawno

transporting my equinox on a 4-wheeler

Post by pbearmawno »

Last year I had great difficulty transporting my excalibur equinox when riding on my 4 wheeler. I tried using the sling over one shoulder then over the shoulder and across the chest, and finally tried mounting it using Kolpin Gear Grips but I was concerned about the rough ride bumping the scope. Does anyone have a set-up that works for this application. Suggestions are appreciated.
one shot scott

Re: transporting my equinox on a 4-wheeler

Post by one shot scott »

9 out of 10 times the scope can take a direct hit and still be sighted in correctly. I have used the grips for 2 years now and no problems yet, but like you I was concerned. Im keeping an eye on this thread, but I dont think theres a better way yet.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
TrapperBob

Post by TrapperBob »

I as well have use the koplin mounts for 2 years now and have found it does not affect the scope accuracy. After each season I have gone out target shooting and found it was still dead on. I also tried sling my bow and found no comfortably way to carry it. The front mount works great as far as I have found.

TrapperBob
Phoenix
Excalibur Flemish string
Easton 2216 Bolt
150 Boltcutter BH

Kids who trap and hunt don't mug little old ladies
pbearmawno

Post by pbearmawno »

When I mounted the crossbow with the arrow/butt facing sideways on the rack I found that the limbs interfered with the steering. I would suspect that even having the crossbow cocked while traveling (which brings up other concerns) the steering would still be interfered with.

Was there a trick for the orientation of the gear grips?
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

I use the Kolpin ratcheting gun holders and wrap a bungie around at both ends. That works fine. If the xbow interferes with steering then try moving the holders around using the xbow as your guide until you find where it doesn't interfere. Or, you can try mounting it on the back rack of the ATV. Also, a Groundpounder quiver mount makes it easier to carry on the ATV - especially if you're using a soft case. And I suggest using the soft, unlined case to keep the mud off the xbow.
2008 Phoenix w/ Varizone Scope
FFF String (Boo string wannabee)
Groundpounder Mount
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout RF
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s