Which Blind

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Limbs and Sticks

Re: Which Blind

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

Here ya go, I got one ordered and the price is right.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
bearclan

Post by bearclan »

i picked up a Primos Excursion from Bass Pro on sale for a 100 bucks and really like it! it popps up quick, good windows; overall quality piece, im 5'10" and almost as wide as my excal :lol: and i fit myself and my 12 yr old nephew inside comfortably
09 Exocet 200
Vortex Crossbow scope
D- lux Munch mount
Big John's Custom Arrows
STS
secret

Post by secret »

I have a Primos Double Bull Matrix 360 blind [no longer made] just like Excalibur crossbows........ double bull blinds are the best ive ever used!!!! i no longer look for good trees to climb...or worry about setting up in the middle of a wide open field for turkeys..... i hunt wherever i want.....with great success! with 10 min. practice you can open it in 7 seconds. if you have the money to spend........ i would buy one !!!!!!!!! i saw more bucks in range this year out of my Double Bull than out of my treestand[climber]. most shots at turkeys are 10 yrds away!! deer at 20yrds. the videos you see out of these blinds are all true!!! i make my own now!!! Next to my Exocet and Nikon 550 Lazer rangefinder my Double Bull blind is the most important tool i own...even more than all my treestands! the new blinds are just as good .Dark Horse Double Bull blinds have different camo and a little different design. both Very effective! Crossbow,bow,recurve bow it dosnt matter Black top and mask[open window] Turkeys.....Camo screen down full camo for deer.
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
xbowkidd

Post by xbowkidd »

X2 on the double bull.
Team Dryfire
Island Hunter

Post by Island Hunter »

I have an Ameristep Grizzly hub blind. I have practised out of it with my Exomax, and have plenty enough room. The only thing I am not a fan of is the velcro windows and screens, but I open the ones I need as soon as I get in it, so it´s not really a problem. Other than that, I love it, big windows and door, plus it looks good.
(2013) MATRIX 355
Tact-Zone scope
18" Diablo's
150gr Boltcutters
Danny's Flemish String
Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers
(2009) EXOMAX 350
Varizone Scope
20" Fire Bolts
150gr Boltcutters
Ground Pounder Mount
Boo Strings
STS
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

The Eastman brand at TSC is a very nice blind, my wife borrowed her fathers last year and I was very impressed.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Got a Doghouse but have decided to go blindless for turkey after one hung up out of range last year (likely from wind noise from the blind). Got a leaf suit from Bass Pro for this year's hunt, gives me more immediate mobility to hunt multiple spots.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
hiking

Post by hiking »

check out (killzone.com) I have two of thier blinds and like them a lot.
exocet 200
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I think a good balance between quality and price is the Ameristep Doghouse. Good size, decent quality, and affordable.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
secret

Post by secret »

Before you buy take these 4 things in consideration ......the camo pattern.. is it good for all places.......how tight is the fabric against frame[shimmy]....... is the fabric shiney ......the shape of the blind[90 degree surfaces not common in nature[square].] most of the time game is afraid of these 4 things.
Exocet 200
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I've been shopping and comparing the blinds that are available and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with the Ameristep Doghouse blind. Seems to be a good size and a pretty good value for the $$
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
huntone

Post by huntone »

X2 on the Doghouse blind

Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
shaftthrower

Post by shaftthrower »

bstout wrote:I have two of the Ameristep Doghouses and one of their Penthouse blinds. I like the Doghouse blind better than the Penthouse as it will go into places (fit) where the Penthouse is too big.

These are nice blinds but just like anything else you have to go easy on the zippers and such if you expect them to last for several seasons.

Mine already have and don't owe me a thing.
Also make sure your wife has the barrel of the gun ouside of window :mrgreen: First year in it she melted the window fabric at the hindge now it has a smily face when closed :mrgreen:
gridironcoach

Post by gridironcoach »

Try the ghostblind. It works well. http://www.ghostblind.com/
secret

Post by secret »

The ghost blind would not be legal to hunt out of here in Pa. blinds must cover the hunter on all 4 sides and top.and be made of only man made materials.[no brushing in the blind] thats why i bought a Double Bull
Exocet 200
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string