Really good scope rings!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dutchhunter

Re: Really good scope rings!!

Post by dutchhunter »

i agree 100 % with you on this and yers thy are over looked by a lot of folks .i like the all steel weaver rings as well DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Glad you found the problem Bob...nice rings.. :wink:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

when Mike P sent me the scope for my excalibur (out of the goodness of his heart) it came with Talley rings. i was not familiar with them so i looked them up. wow.... they cost as much as the scope.....

they are also solid steel and precision made and i recommend them as they are fantastic.........
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Bob . . .would it suffice to replace the screws on the rings I already have?
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Leupold rings and bases are all I use on all of my firearms. I'll have to look into getting a set also for the Equinox.

It's amazing the number of people that will put a $300-400 scope on a $1,000 rifle, but use a set of cheap rings. :shock: If you're using a milder recoiling gun, then it may not be absolutely necessary to use the steel rings/bases, but it sure does add a certain level of confidence. :wink:

What got me one time, I was fixin' to scope a .444 Marlin. To those that haven't shot one, it will thump you right good. :shock: Went into a gun shop and told the guy I needed steel rings and bases for the gun/scope. He got the rings but tried to talk me into an aluminum base. :? After arguing with him for a little bit over it and the "need" for the steel base, he finally asked me "why" I wanted the steel base. My answer to him was that it didn't matter "why" I wanted the steel. The fact was that I wanted steel, was willing to pay for steel, and if he wouldn't sell me the steel base, I would find someone who would. He promptly retrieved a Leupold steel base for me. :lol:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

IMO Burris Z rings are the strongest I've found for use with rifles. Millet are good for crossbows esp. if lateral adjustment is necessary.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Those are the rings (Leupold) I've got on my Phoenix. They are very well made and a solid way to mount a scope!
wabi
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

i love the leupold prw-s. warne rings are top notch too for a little cheaper. i kinda like the aluminum one piece bases using steel rings. makes the steel bite into them. i only use loctite on base screws. never on the rings. i always like to work the ring screws through the thread with a little oil before putting the scope in them. just to smooth out any burrs or gunk.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I suppose you are right, it wouldn't do any good to put good steel into aluminum alloy and expect it to act like all steel. I was hoping for a cheaper solution. :D
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen