Good Friend

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

Good Friend

Post by Raymond »

Let me tell you all about a good friend on this site. I have never met this person face to face, I hope to someday. One day not long ago I was interested in buying some items off of the Trading Post. I was interested in buying some arrows. This friend sent me an email and wanted my mailing address, and it wasn't the person that I was trying to buy the arrows from. I received a package in the mail from this friend. And guess what, it was six beautiful Custom Made Gold Tip Laser II arrows. This friend did not want any money for these. I have asked numerous times and the answer is still "never mind". How is that for a friend. And like I said, and this is the best part, I have never met this person face to face. So Wes, aka Limbs and Bolts, I figure you wouldn't want me to do this. But, I think since you will not accept any money for these and I cannot meet you face to face yet, I think you deserve a public "THANK YOU", from me on this forum.
THANK YOU MY FRIEND.
Raymond
gerald strine

Re: Good Friend

Post by gerald strine »

It restores my hope for humanity to here stories like this.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Raymond, this kind of generosity from one Excalibur forum member to another isn't all that surprising. The folks on this forum are a different breed of sportsmen and woman and I for one am glad to be a part of. When I joined the forum in 2002 after my injury, my wife had to use the rope cranker to crank my bow because I was unable to pull it back on my own. Then out of nowhere, a forum member that I didn't know asked for my address and in 3 days there was a brand new crankaroo at my door. :wink: . I try to pay it forward whenever I can and that's what makes this place so special. Congrats on the arrows and Wes, that was very thoughtful of you.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
frisky

Post by frisky »

gerald strine wrote:It restores my hope for humanity to here stories like this.

X2 :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Tenn. Equinox

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

I know what you mean Raymond, Wes sent me a half dozen arrows also.
That's just the kind of guy he is. Wes will help in any way he can.
He is a good friend.
Tenn.

Equinox
Island Hunter

Post by Island Hunter »

Gee Wes, I could use a half dozen of those my self, just kidding, :lol: that was a very nice gesture.
I had a similar thing happen to me on here, forum member Mark Laramie, aka Bird Dog, sent me a set of stock sights, and wouldn´t accept any money for them.
What a great bunch of people on here.
(2013) MATRIX 355
Tact-Zone scope
18" Diablo's
150gr Boltcutters
Danny's Flemish String
Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers
(2009) EXOMAX 350
Varizone Scope
20" Fire Bolts
150gr Boltcutters
Ground Pounder Mount
Boo Strings
STS
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

when i got laid off from work just four days after i bought my excalibur things didnt look very good.

that weekend a package arrived from ohio with a new varizone scope complete with rings from a forum member.

i am pretty sure it was the same member who helped out Ray D with the crankaroo.
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Awesome folks on here. I will definitely be having my chance to help somebody out.
Thanks,
Raymond