Maximus Crossbows...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dysmil

Maximus Crossbows...

Post by dysmil »

Don't do it.

Just don't.

I bought a Maximus Bone Splitter 225 at the beginning of March for $669.99, with accessories including scope and 4 arrows. For almost $300 less than the Excal Equinox, I thought I was ahead of the game. Boy was I ever wrong.

I finally received the crossbow last week. It seemed promising at first, it looked good, felt good, felt nice, heavy and well made. Then I took it out to align the scope. I was amazed by how accurate, quiet and powerful this crossbow was. Until my 14th shot. The limbs splintered when I cocked it!

I took it back to my archery shop and they were absolutely shocked. They replaced the limbs the next day and took a couple shots with it. On the 3rd shot the molded part of the limbs chipped and the crossbow unstrung. They then contacted some other local dealers and started receiving reports of similar failures.

I am now the proud owner of an Excalibur Equinox, with a Lumizone Scope and a flemish string. My shop gave me a great deal to make amends for selling me this unacceptable product. They have pulled their Maximus Crossbows off the shelves and have since stopped selling them.

Needless to say, we both learned our lessons. Stick with North American made products and avoid cheap copies like the plague. If it retails for 30% less than the brand name stuff, there's a good reason for it.
one shot scott

Re: Maximus Crossbows...

Post by one shot scott »

Welcome to the forum dysmil, sorry you had to get here this way. This is the first product reweiw of maxximus crossbow that I have ever heard of. Thanks for being honest enough to share your experience and hopefully others thinking about a maximus come here and read that before buying.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

It's fortunate you weren't hurt, there is a tremendous amount of power behind a bow limb.
Regardless of what you choose to shoot, welcome to the forum.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Surprises me that Maximus are that much cheaper. I thought they were like $100 dollars cheaper. First report I have heard of them also. Held one but never fired one. They seemed good. Thanks for sharing. You will be very happy with your excalipur. Great bows and a great company. I for one will shoot nothing but excalipur. Welcome to the forum. It is a great place for all the answers to any questions you may have.
Island Hunter

Post by Island Hunter »

Welcome to the forum, I know you will enjoy you time spent here.
Lots of knowlegable people on here, so if you have any questions, don´t be afraid to ask.
I bought my Exomax last year on line, and paid $670.00, with the lite stuff package, so what you paid for the Maxima,
doesn´t sound like much of a deal.
Well glad to here that they fixed you up with the Excal, they clearly are a better product, and as for support after the
sale, you can´t go wrong with Excalibur.
Well enjoy your new Equinox, and let the fun begin. :D :D
(2013) MATRIX 355
Tact-Zone scope
18" Diablo's
150gr Boltcutters
Danny's Flemish String
Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers
(2009) EXOMAX 350
Varizone Scope
20" Fire Bolts
150gr Boltcutters
Ground Pounder Mount
Boo Strings
STS
Hazmat

Post by Hazmat »

Congradulations on your new Equinox, you will enjoy it.

Sorry to here about your unfortunate experience with the "other" crossbow.
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS