Deer Decoys?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bkisel

Re: Deer Decoys?

Post by bkisel »

Just last season, for the first time, I used a 2 dimensional bedded deer. Though the deer I shot didn't go right up to the decoy it spent a lot of time looking at it allowing me to shoot the deer. I was in an open ground blind. Another time I had left my ground blind to go grab a quick lunch, my brother who was still posted said several deer hung around the decoy for a bit apparently trying to figure it out. So from my limited experience I'd say they can work.

Check out this web page... http://www.tidecoys.com/

Take care...
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

dutchhunter wrote:i htnik i am going to us my turkey decoye well hunting deer .the last three mornings well turkey hunting with pretty boy we have had deer come right out and sniff the decoy thyget real intrested in prettyboy and show no fear .it would give the deer somthing to look at instead of looking at me .it keeps there attention and i think thy get a safe feeling from it being out there worth a try it would make a great yard marker if nothing els DUTCH
Hey Dutch! I've read that using turkey decoys during deer season will make deer feel comfortable and unthreatened. They seem to think that if the "turkeys" aren't afraid then it's ok for them too.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
secret

Post by secret »

See how many times you could kill this doe...decoy is at 10yrdshttp://s892.photobucket.com/albums/ac12 ... =large.flv
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I used the primos scarface decoy last year with a rattle bag and called in 2 deer,one was a doe who came running at the decoy during the rut.She came in at 10yds and i thought it was going to be a huge buck.We also use them in the late months like dec and jan and they work good.Here is our set-up.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline