Help identify this bow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tbell_1

Help identify this bow

Post by tbell_1 »

Hey everybody, I'm new to crossbow hunting. I've found this bow used, and was wondering if anyone could give some info on it (poundage, value, anything else pertinent...) It is supposedly a 2004 exocet. I'm thinking its worth around $400, maybe a little less. am I far off? Is it 200# or 175#? If I were to purchase new limbs, would it be a 200#? The limbs are supposedly fine, I'm just thinking that worst case scenario, thats what would have to be replaced. New limbs are around $200 cdn are they not? Is there anything else that could be wrong with it? I am unable to check this out in person before I buy. Are there any other differences between this exocet and a new one (other than the camo?) Thanks in advance for any info...

Heres a link to some pics...

http://s959.photobucket.com/albums/ae72/tbell_1/xbow/
Last edited by tbell_1 on Sun May 23, 2010 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
vixenmaster

Re: Help identify this bow

Post by vixenmaster »

I can not open link as it asked me to log in. If it has the forward riser that has one hole on each side its a 200. Limbs should be warranteed & it should have a 15 1/2" power stroke. If price is a bare Bow thats not bad, better if'en it has some extra going with it.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Ok its opening in photobucket & thats a 175' model
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Boo

Post by Boo »

Agreed about the model, I have one just like that. It's too much money if you need limbs.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
tbell_1

Post by tbell_1 »

Ok, what would a decent price be, assuming limbs are in decent shape? Also, if I were to buy new limbs and shim them would it bump it up to a 200lb bow?
casper

Post by casper »

No sir, the limbs are all the same. The difference in poundage is in the riser angle. The 200# bow has an angle forward limb riser design. :D
bdog

Post by bdog »

some of the bows can be retro fitted with the forward risers giving you a longer stroke for more poundage,contact Excal. they will advise you,
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
tbell_1

Post by tbell_1 »

well the 175# will be ok. I understand the phoenix has no trouble shootin' through deer. Now I'm just wondering what a good price would be... Is $400 a good ballpark if the limbs are good, or is that still too high?
Boo

Post by Boo »

I paid $400 for one in perfect condition.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wabi

Post by wabi »

I see a couple problems from improper/poor maintenance. Cosmetic blemishes for the most part, but it tells me the owner didn't know everything about how to care for the bow, and would cause me to be cautious in making an offer.

*It is unstrung with the DB pads still installed - will require new pads at best, could have pads adhered to limb finish at worst.
*Rust on screws - can happen to the most careful owners, but can also indicate a lack of maintenance.

It's an older straight riser (not a bad thing).

If I were buying I'd probably make an offer around $350.
wabi
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

I'm looking at an invoice dated Aug. 4, 2009, it was for a NEW Exocet 200 that I successfully bid for on eBay. Snagged the bow for $350.99 plus 11.85 shipping and insurance. I added the Right Stuff package with Varizone scope from Dan Miller. Seeing the limbs unstrung like that I'd have to agree with wabi about the potential for poor maintenance and care. In spite of the bow having a scope and quiver, unless I could check out the bow and shoot it I'd not be nearly as generous as wabi in what I'd offer.

Disclaimer: I've not been even a year at this CB stuff so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt.

Bill K.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

By the way Welcome to the forum, like said I would check E-BAY out and the trading post here for other deals might find one better.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers