Who likes crabs? Heavy pictures

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Island Hunter

Re: Who likes crabs? Heavy pictures

Post by Island Hunter »

Thanks Limbs and Bolts, fishermen are a tough breed, we do what ever it takes to survive, period.
If we stick together, we will come back from this.
Like I said, we are working hard to fight this spill, we´re not giving up just yet.
(2013) MATRIX 355
Tact-Zone scope
18" Diablo's
150gr Boltcutters
Danny's Flemish String
Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers
(2009) EXOMAX 350
Varizone Scope
20" Fire Bolts
150gr Boltcutters
Ground Pounder Mount
Boo Strings
STS
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

It's not in a waterman's blood to give up, you folks will make it indeed. Had my share of misfortune on the water, but nothing like you folks have going on,good luck

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
TYE

Post by TYE »

Reading crabs and heavy I was a little worried Dr. Dan posted a picture of his latest fling!! :O
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Yummmy stufff
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Wow ! ... Cool pic's !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

We ran some lines back in the day, but it was out of the Fairview Beach area. It was back when we owned the Red Barn Restaurant. Mostly a dump, but we had crabs.

Down here, folks ain't crab crazy like up there, and they boil them....yuck !!!!!

I am allowed to have five pots down here and with my brother's five, we do OK. People steal our crabs fairly often though. You can always tell the amateurs, because they don't latch the pot closed when they are done. The wardens caught a pair of dudes, and the judge made them wear sandwhich boards on the bridge three weekends in a row- "We will never again steal other people's crabs". It was great, we drove across the bridge a couple of times honking and laughing at them.

I like to put them in an ice water slurry to stun them. Then I use a hatchet and cut them in half. Then clean them and spray them clean with the hose. Then steam. Water, salt, beer, vinegar, garlic and Old Bay. Sprinkled with salt and Old Bay. Removed a little early and wrapped in paper to finish.

Soooooo good. At first, some complained about no mustard. But with some time and education, they no longer miss any of it. LOL

I like your setup....very nice deal there. I know it is alot of work, but people demand them soft shells. There was a place not too far from you that also ran eel pots and they would fly them over to Europe, themselves, and make a killing. I guess you don't fool with them.

Soon....the fourth will be upon us, and EVERYBODY will want some crabs.

Did you know a man named Teddy Slick ? He was about 18 feet tall and ran an operation near you.
Just an over informed newbie with a misinformation spreading disorder- and a Vortex