Who likes crabs? Heavy pictures

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Limbs and Sticks

Who likes crabs? Heavy pictures

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

This is where it starts, the tank cut in half is used to paint the pots, suppose to keep barnicles and grass of the pots, not very well though and a dirty pot don't catch much.

Some use razor clams if they can afford them,others use bunkers [alewifes] cheaper but don't catch as good, at the end of the season everybody is useing fish

These are peeler tanks,and the crabs you see in them are peelers, which means they are ready to shed the shell there in.

The one in my hand is called a buster, I guess it shows, the next pic is the same crab, thats how much he grew after he came out the old shell,these are the $10.00 a sandwhich crabs, when they're soft like that, best bait in the water here

A green bushel of crabs alive, have to be alive to cook, then they turn red after cooked, good eaten.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Raymond

Re: Who likes crabs? Heavy pictures

Post by Raymond »

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good. Nothing like fresh seafood.
Raymond
wabi

Post by wabi »

I just don't see how anyone could be so barbaric as to actually kill one of those poor little creatures! They do a lot of good, even if they are a little tight with their money, and where would Sponge Bob and Squidward be if the Krusty Krab closed?

:oops: Just kidding, guess I've been watching too much of my favorite TV show. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, looking at those pictures makes hungry. :shock:
wabi
weezy

Post by weezy »

Those look goooood!
Chris Dillard

Post by Chris Dillard »

That looks like some fine eating!!
2014 Vixen II
2006 Exomax
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Love em!

The snow crab fishery just ended in Cape Breton and I stuffed myself silly a few times. :D They are a lot more work to get out of the shell than a lobster, but I will take them over a lobster any time. SWEET MEAT!!!

I felt like a king one night when I was on the back deck with some deer steak on the BBQ and some crab legs boiling in the pot. YUM.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Double post.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Limbs and Sticks

I forgot to mention our southern brothers boil them, and man they're good ,here we steam them, either way hard to beat, did I mention the beer :lol:

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Island Hunter

Post by Island Hunter »

There´s nothing like boiled crabs, shrimp, and crawfish. I´m going to miss them, thanks to the carelessness of BP. It´s not looking good for our great fisheries here on the Gulf Coast. The oil is coming in every day, and it´s a mess. I have been working 7 days a week 12 hours a day for 3 weeks now, fighting this oil. We are doing our best to keep it out of the estuaries but it is still getting in. If they don´t get this thing capped off soon, we will be in real trouble.

Well back to the blue crab, I´ve eaten a few different kinds of crab, and I like the blue crab the best. We also fry the soft shells, it doesn´t get any better than that.

Just brousing thru the posts and this one kind of caught my eye. Oh well it´s getting late, 4:30 comes early, good night everyone, and enjoy those blue crabs, their the best. :D :D
(2013) MATRIX 355
Tact-Zone scope
18" Diablo's
150gr Boltcutters
Danny's Flemish String
Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers
(2009) EXOMAX 350
Varizone Scope
20" Fire Bolts
150gr Boltcutters
Ground Pounder Mount
Boo Strings
STS
SwampFox

Post by SwampFox »

That's what I'm talking about.... add some live music, family, good friends and some ol bay and thats heaven brother !!! sweet pics
Limbs and Sticks

Island Hunter wrote:There´s nothing like boiled crabs, shrimp, and crawfish. I´m going to miss them, thanks to the carelessness of BP. It´s not looking good for our great fisheries here on the Gulf Coast. The oil is coming in every day, and it´s a mess. I have been working 7 days a week 12 hours a day for 3 weeks now, fighting this oil. We are doing our best to keep it out of the estuaries but it is still getting in. If they don´t get this thing capped off soon, we will be in real trouble.

Well back to the blue crab, I´ve eaten a few different kinds of crab, and I like the blue crab the best. We also fry the soft shells, it doesn´t get any better than that.

Just brousing thru the posts and this one kind of caught my eye. Oh well it´s getting late, 4:30 comes early, good night everyone, and enjoy those blue crabs, their the best. :D :D

I hope you guys make it thru this, BP ought to go broke making it right for everybody, for BP has not been HONEST from the start :evil: Good luck

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Those crabs are a lot bigger than the crabs I'm used to seeing. :shock: :lol:

On the BP issue . . .why not put a charge in the hole and implode it?

I noticed gas prices coming down . . .I suppose with no way to control the number of gallons coming out of that hole, there may be an over supply. Should we say thanks? :roll:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

just had 1/2bushell Sunday;) I get benefits since my mom runs Faunces Seafood here in Warsaw btw. My wifes Aunt owns the montross and warsaw one :D Love crabs!!!

My dad and grandpa lived off the water also back in the day so I know all about the hard work. It was a honest living. The crabbed about 150 pots once and had 5-6 nets out when the pay was good
Island Hunter

Post by Island Hunter »

Thanks Limbs and Bolts, fishermen are a tough breed, we do what ever it takes to survive, period.
If we stick together, we will come back from this.
Like I said, we are working hard to fight this spill, we´re not giving up just yet.
(2013) MATRIX 355
Tact-Zone scope
18" Diablo's
150gr Boltcutters
Danny's Flemish String
Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers
(2009) EXOMAX 350
Varizone Scope
20" Fire Bolts
150gr Boltcutters
Ground Pounder Mount
Boo Strings
STS
Limbs and Sticks

It's not in a waterman's blood to give up, you folks will make it indeed. Had my share of misfortune on the water, but nothing like you folks have going on,good luck

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers