Bought a small parcel of land

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

catcher

Re: Bought a small parcel of land

Post by catcher »

Nice Don :D Except you are getting closer to me. :P I am almost in range of a 7mm ricochet. Welcome to the neighborhood :lol:
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

awshucks wrote:Can't see any rocks? You need lot's of rocks! They are great for stumbling over in the dark and breaking arrows, lol. I happen to have a few extra for free. :mrgreen:
I'm rounding up a few bears to send myself. They're free, too, but maybe I can get forum members to chip in on the shipping. :P :lol: :wink:

Grizz
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

NICE!! Looks like a great honey hole for huntin :D
The best things in life are not things!!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Oh, yeah ... congrats on your new place, Don. :D
Grizz
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Looks like the perfect place for a future Meet 'n' Greet and Excalibur Funshoot! :wink:
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
Meat Hunter

Post by Meat Hunter »

Boo,

Your new property is very similar to what I purchased in Mississippi 12 years ago - long and narrow. We planted our property in sections of pine and government subsidized hard wood. Now 12 years later, we live with a nice healthy forest growing around us.

From your image, I see that there is a similar piece of open land next to your property. When we purchased our 20 acres, we had a similar piece of land next to us that we could have purchased for the same price, but we chose not to. Because, as former city dwellers, we thought that 20 acres was huge, we would be protected in our own little sanctum sanctorum and we had more than we would ever need.

That was a bad-bad-bad decision. As the years passed, we found out how small 20 acres in the country really is. Three years ago, a developer purchased our adjourning 20 acres and has started building up-market houses.

In hindsight, we kick ourselves every day for not purchasing the adjourning 20 acres and building our ihome n the geographic center so that we would have a reasonable buffer to shield us from what the future might bring.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Meat Hunter wrote:Boo,

Your new property is very similar to what I purchased in Mississippi 12 years ago - long and narrow. We planted our property in sections of pine and government subsidized hard wood. Now 12 years later, we live with a nice healthy forest growing around us.

From your image, I see that there is a similar piece of open land next to your property. When we purchased our 20 acres, we had a similar piece of land next to us that we could have purchased for the same price, but we chose not to. Because, as former city dwellers, we thought that 20 acres was huge, we would be protected in our own little sanctum sanctorum and we had more than we would ever need.

That was a bad-bad-bad decision. As the years passed, we found out how small 20 acres in the country really is. Three years ago, a developer purchased our adjourning 20 acres and has started building up-market houses.

In hindsight, we kick ourselves every day for not purchasing the adjourning 20 acres and building our ihome n the geographic center so that we would have a reasonable buffer to shield us from what the future might bring.
The lot to the west of us was just bought by a near by farmer that owns several hundred acres. He's given us permission to hunt all of his land for the past 5 years for the price of a box of cookies a year! :mrgreen: I think I'll let him have the back 10 acres to use for free as long as it's something that deer, turkey and waterfowl like :D
Some people just like stepping on rakes
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Sounds like a piece of heaven! CONGRATS, Don!!!!!!!!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Is there going to be a bunk house for all us dedicated Boo String Shooter's?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can picture it now a nice home out front and a garage out back twice the size of the house for BMW's & Crossbows :lol:

Sounds like a great plan Boo keep us posted as it comes together.If you need any help I am not much of a carpenter but could help rid the land of a few Deer and Turkeys for you. :D :D :D
Tenpoint Matrix
Tom

Post by Tom »

awshucks wrote:Can't see any rocks? You need lot's of rocks! They are great for stumbling over in the dark and breaking arrows, lol. I happen to have a few extra for free. :mrgreen:

Congrats!!

UMMMMMMMMM ......... as well as rolling over ATV's and breaking a very nice Relayer Y25.

Good job Boo ......... hope you get to enjoy it and have fun
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
EZKILL

Post by EZKILL »

Congrats Boo :D
Equinox
Custom Arrows by crazyfarmer
Big John

Post by Big John »

Excellent Boo!! I'm glad you got a nice package for later on. They will become harder and harder to get.
Congrats!! :D :D You deserve a nice place!
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Boo

Post by Boo »

The deal closes at the end of the month. I'll have to christen it with some crow blood on the first day! I have ordered some minerals and food plot seed already! :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I am willing to help awshucks deliver a truck n trailer load of Ark. & Ozark Mo rocks r us to you Boo! What size do you need regular soccer ball size or our Boulder Specials ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Congrats Don. It's a great feeling to work on my land. I have only 10 acres but larger pieces all around me that are managed, most of which I can hunt. But watching the wildlife on my own is really a rush.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!