OT - Humor (had to pass this one on)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

OT - Humor (had to pass this one on)

Post by wabi »

Subject: A Homeless Man's Funeral...

As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper's cemetery in the Kentucky back country. As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost and, being a typical man, I didn't stop for directions. I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight. There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch. I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late. I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn't know what else to do, so I started to play.
The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I played like I've never played before for this homeless man. And as I played 'Amazing Grace,' the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together. When I finished I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. Though my head hung low, my heart was full. As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, "I never seen nothin' like that before and I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty years."
Apparently I'm still lost....
wabi
casper

Re: OT - Humor (had to pass this one on)

Post by casper »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

:lol: :lol: :lol: luv it..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
sneak

Post by sneak »

:lol: :lol:
Exocet 200
Vari-Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser II Arrows
Rage 2 blade crossbow broadheads
S5 Suppression System
Flemish Dyna Flight String
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

bstout wrote: I know where you can get a set of bagpipes, they're out back in the dumpster right under the banjos. :P
Whoa, now! :shock: :P

Careful with the banjo slurs! :lol:

There ain't nothin' like a little clawhammer in the mornin'. :mrgreen:

Just ask this feller.

He knows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGjMw6Lnq8I

The only thing that'd make that better is chewin' on a stick o' fawn-jerky. :wink:
Grizz