Lets not forget abouy this Guy also....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Migabby

Lets not forget abouy this Guy also....

Post by Migabby »

When you have a question that you want an unbias opion, you will get it from a guy in the US usually in a PM. doesn't broadcast it over the forum, another reason why I bought an Excal. And as the old saying Goes," Birds of a feather flock together", they are buddys " awshucks". I bought exactly as he sugested and am loving it. First shot at a Buck droped 30 yds away.
but you know many on this forum are that way, the reason I read every day.

Migabby
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
lscha

Re: Lets not forget abouy this Guy also....

Post by lscha »

I'm one of his biggest fans!!
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Boo

Post by Boo »

Dan, you are one of my closest and most honest friends I have. You have a special place in my heart. That spot is yours as long as I am alive. But then we both know that don't we? :)
Some people just like stepping on rakes
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I knowed this was coming - awshucks/Dan he is also my good friend & finer than Frog Hair. I am so glad to knowed him over th yrs.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Aw Geez! Thanks, but I'm just 'paying it forward' for all the help and advice I got on here. Forum icons like Gary L [sent me a level when I couldn't find one] and the dear departed 'Digger', who both sold and bought a bow w/ me. Bstout was there from the gitgo too.There's a slew of others. I told Boo one day long ago, I hoped to live long enough to shake his hand, so he drives 1200+ miles to get that job done. Mikey too!

I tend to send pm's at times rather than risk offending guys w/ 'stuff' they are fonder of than I am, lol.

What really tickles me is to see folks I've had discussions w/ passing on their help and experiences w/ others.

Somebody on this forum picked up the ticket when I trashed my 1st Y-25, another made a donation to Danny when I got my kid his [our] poop Vixen.

I've sent extra stuff off, received favors from up North ect. My greatest treasures are the folks on here.

Priceless.
"Eze 18:21"
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

This is exactly the reason why this forum is so much better than others I've been on. People like Awshucks, Boo, John, and many others that go waaay out of their way to help others out, often behind the scenes, shunning any spotlight. There is a real underground spirit of "pay-it-forward" on this site - thanks to the members that foster it.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Posted awhile back about switching back to sights from a scope and sure enough I got a PM from awshucks giving me detailed instructions to a good starting point.

Should have checked my PM's first because his advice was needed instead the shed door paid the price. :oops:
And a few choice words sent my way from my wife. :shock:

Great member I always check out what he posts or reply's to something.
Tenpoint Matrix
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Oh yes, he has pm-ed me to. Always there to give you great advice or a word of support. He's a good one no doubt. :)
BUS314

Post by BUS314 »

don't know how I missed this post, lol, this guy is singlehanded responsible for me being here---yep, via a tub full of PM's. Stand up guy fer damned shore! :D
AKA-ChoctawBusGuy
Excal Phoenix
VariZone
GT II's w/ brass inserts
SlickTrick 125's
STS
Boo String
Double Bull DarkHorse
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Dan turned me from a guy with a crossbow in to a guy who is always looking for a better way to do things.
I have an envelope an inch thick of all the PM's he sent me in the beginning of this journey with my crossbow, so much information that I have to go back and re-read it at times to comprehend it.
He is still my "go to guy" when I have technical questions, there is always an answer waiting when it comes to Dan, he has impacted every aspect of my life.
The world needs more people like him!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
roly

Post by roly »

I have never had the pleasure of talking to
awshucks, but anyone can tell by reading his posts
that he is a great person.

And I read all his posts
Keating

Post by Keating »

LOL. I didn't realize it was so widespread.
Dan answered a question of mine via PM, and I think I've read and written more messages in PM with Dan than I have on the rest of the forum.
Helped me out a ton answering questions I probably wouldn't have even thought of for years. Saved me a lot of time and effort.

Paul
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

When my son was 5 I bought him a little .22 for squirrel hunting, Dan sent him a "squirrel carrier", an array of leather straps to carry his quarry.
Instead of using it to carry squirrels my son made a wood frame with a glass cover to hang it on the wall above his gun safe. When people ask what it is he says it's "from his friend in Arklahoma", that was 3 years ago.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
BUS314

Post by BUS314 »

Pydpiper wrote:When my son was 5 I bought him a little .22 for squirrel hunting, Dan sent him a "squirrel carrier", an array of leather straps to carry his quarry.
Instead of using it to carry squirrels my son made a wood frame with a glass cover to hang it on the wall above his gun safe. When people ask what it is he says it's "from his friend in Arklahoma", that was 3 years ago.

Now THAT'S cool!!!
AKA-ChoctawBusGuy
Excal Phoenix
VariZone
GT II's w/ brass inserts
SlickTrick 125's
STS
Boo String
Double Bull DarkHorse