Made the switch

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

casper

Made the switch

Post by casper »

I traded my new Equinox for a new Exocet 200 today. When I got the OX, I didn't like the camo on the main frame, the noise and vibration, or the thumb hole stock, not to mention the 225# draw. I like the traditional stock better, the trigger pull is better, 200# draw, and the gray main frame. Life is good. Also my point of aim is the same out to 50 yards. I wasn't sure about the trade, but now I'm glad I did it. Now I know why they called it the beast. :D
vixenmaster

Re: Made the switch

Post by vixenmaster »

BEAST = Better eat all spinch today, like Popeye yer gonna need with those 225 pounders!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

vixenmaster wrote:BEAST = Better eat all spinch today, like Popeye yer gonna need with those 225 pounders!
Lol. you have a way w/ words Mike! I loved my first Excal [an Emax] problem was, I loved the Ecet more. At one point in time, I was going through a serving a week burning arrows w/ Emax.

Only fair to say this was before 'Boo' strings and improved string versions from Danny Miller. Ah, the good ole days!!

A slight aside. I'd never heard of Excal when I did the 'two finger' shop w/ a Cabela's archery cat. Ordered a Bnett Quad 400 [345 fps for $345] and then heard about Excals that evening. Ordered the Emax, never opened the Bnett package, both delivered the same day off the big brown truck.

A month or so later, a buddy [still] bought the Quad off of me. We were trying to sight it in, all the while he was fighting to get better than 3" groups at 20, I was killing house flys w/ the Emax. not every shot, but 'close enough'.

The Quad eventually blew up in our face, Cabelas gave me credit and neither of us ever looked back. The buddy briefly owned Smokes carved tip Vixen, another dumb move I made twice, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Did i ever tell you about the times i went over to my friends place in Ark. awshucks is his name had an emax nasty beast it was to cock & shoot til he finally upped & sold it. Best i recollect he sent it back up north to Canada where it came from. Gotstid this Excal Phoenocet he called it, :lol: Well anyway awshucks got with me & we went over to Lenoir city Tn. on a 3-D shoot. He brought this carved tip beauty queen with him & i bought her and named her miss vixen. Best durn CB i ever got my hands on fer true!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Overall I'm very happy with my Exocete and hope you will always be happy with yours. Yet, compared to several compound crossbows I've shot the Exocete had more noise and more vibration; I wouldn't want a crossbow having more even it it were another Excalibur model.

Take care...
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

"Also my point of aim is the same out to 50 yards."

Huh? Point of aim the same with same arrow and same scope setting? Doesn't seem to make sense. There's likely a 15-25 fps difference in the arrow speed of the two bows, trajectory has got to be different.
The 'point of aim' is the same for my Phoenix and Vortex, however, the 'speed ring' setting (magnification) is definitely different. What is it you're trying to say, cuz?
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
secret

Post by secret »

Good choice! youll love it! much easier to reach safety too!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
casper

Post by casper »

Cossack, The performance IS the exact same, got me scratching my head also. But I didn't know how fast the Equinox really was nor do I know how fast this one shoots,all I know is when I shot the 20 yard X it's right there. When I went to try 50 yards I aimed 4 inches high off the 50 yard chevron and it hit 4 inches high, so I aimed at the X and it hits dead on. So I'm not gonna complain. It's the proverbial free lunch, and I like lunch I also like free. :D
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

And you're talking same kind of string, same weight arrow and same speed ring setting? :?:
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
casper

Post by casper »

Ok, heres what I have, both bows, same fff string no wax. The Equinox bh was mid way between the lines, the Exocet is just toughing the top line. That didn't make sence to me. Same arrow but I had a 125 gr tip on the Equinox, and a 100 gr tip on the Exocet.Not enough to make that big of a differance. The scope is a fixed 4 power tru-glo no chevron adjustments. I just know that when I put the cross hairs on target thats where the arrow goes. Like I said I didn't crony eather bow so I don't know the actual speed, I can only go on actual perfomance in the field. :D The limbs do have a poundage tolerance, maybe the Enox limbs where on the light side and the Ecet limbs are on the high side. I don't know, but the proof is in the pudding, and I like pudding. :lol: