where is the rain???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

where is the rain???

Post by crazyfarmer »

looks like corn will be a total loss for us up here this year! Glad we didnt plant much but we have about 500 acres of soybeans in which are holding their own right now. We have managed to miss the past 3 weeks of rain other than 3tenths of an inch total! With the 101 temps, that 3tenths didnt do much! Areas 2-3 miles around us have gotten storms we have missed. Farming this year is going to be a bust:(

atleast we take out insurance on corn and soybeans so we will be covered for something
Blood on the floor

Re: where is the rain???

Post by Blood on the floor »

In southern MN. we have had over 6 inches in the last 10 days - WITH tornados.
We`ll give you half the rain IF you take half the tornados. [ 60 one night - over 30 the next]
here`s to a little blood on the floor!
mark 10 :13
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hey CF if I could send you some rain I sure would. Hope it turns around for you.
Raymond
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Cape Breton!

You must be a farmer, never happy with the weather :D . Too much rain, not enough rain, too much snow. Seems to me you posted some pictures before showing some burried tractors. Nuts how different the weather is from year to year. I guess you can never predict what mother nature will throw at you.

Maybe half the field with rice and the other half with cactus? Just kidding. I wish I could send you guys some rain from here. Seems like it is raining every second day.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

ill take to much rain anyday over none at all:) atleast some crops grow in a flood. We went from our wettest fall to date, to a drought
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Here in wisconsin our corn crop looks great! It's almost chest high at the 4th of july.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

We've had rain. I believe, set a record for the most precip in the month of June.

Grass could almost be cut twice a week.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I feel for you Crazy, having to depend on Ole Mother to make a living. It's been hit and miss hereabouts but it does manage to get here often enough to keep the fields green. Beans look good as does corn. My clover food plot has never been better, have mowed it once and it's coming back very nicely. Had some nasty weather on the 17th. Some 30 tornadoes statewide, several folks lost their lives.
Small town east of here was leveled by an F5 tornado, miraculously no one was killed there. This is in northern Minnesota, were supposed to be tornado proof, blizzards yes but not the big twist.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

It has been raining up here almost everyday for 3 weeks! The bugs are so bad in the woods I haven't checked my cameras since I put them out :lol: You bring some buckets up here, and take some rain home with you :D :D :D Hope you get some rain, and have a growth spirt Crazy.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

to my knowledge our county is going to be declared a disaster for corn and soybeans here shortly.. our corn is toast now. Soybeans are on borrowed time. I hate to say it, but the only thing that can help would be a hurricane which isnt good!

While putting cams out today the woods is wide open. Looks like fall time which isnt good antler growth! Trees are dropping leaves here also
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Hit here last night...3"s of the wonderful stuff.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
carvedtip

Post by carvedtip »

We have flash flood warnings in effect right now and probably for the next three or four days. Got that thing going on in the gulf and we are catching the outer band rains.