sts system

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bradgrylls

sts system

Post by Bradgrylls »

DO you have to shorten the length of the studs on the sts bumpers??
BUS314

Re: sts system

Post by BUS314 »

I did, to get even to the top line
AKA-ChoctawBusGuy
Excal Phoenix
VariZone
GT II's w/ brass inserts
SlickTrick 125's
STS
Boo String
Double Bull DarkHorse
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

The new ones come with a hacksaw for cutting the rods, an exacto knife for cutting the bumpers, a small bottle of rye to take your mind off the fact that it looks like it was made by a 5 year old. Oh, and a tiny technician is in the box too to help you figure out why they couldn't make it right in the first place, so open the package slowly. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
frank25

Post by frank25 »

very easy to do i just cut a 1/4 inch off the rods nothing off the bumpers and shot over 150 shots with the same bumpers and still going strong
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i just took off 1/8" on mine and all is fine here, ya know those little alum bars get hot on a grinder wheel real fast :lol: ..........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Normous

Post by Normous »

:lol: :lol:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Bradgrylls

Post by Bradgrylls »

Lol. I was told to shorten them a quarter of an Inch. It seemed strange to have to modify something that was supposed to be designed for the bow
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Pydpiper wrote:The new ones come with a hacksaw for cutting the rods, an exacto knife for cutting the bumpers, a small bottle of rye to take your mind off the fact that it looks like it was made by a 5 year old. Oh, and a tiny technician is in the box too to help you figure out why they couldn't make it right in the first place, so open the package slowly. :D

Not 100% sure but i think you may have to sharpen the hacksaw and exacto blades yourself before doing any cutting. At least that's what I've heard. Oh and my 5 year old takes that as an insult.
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
carvedtip

Post by carvedtip »

Bradgrylls wrote:Lol. I was told to shorten them a quarter of an Inch. It seemed strange to have to modify something that was supposed to be designed for the bow
Ya think? I ordered one, checked out the fit and sent it back. No matter how easy it is to modify as so many here claim there is just no gettin around the fact that you have to modify it to make it work. Seeing as it is made specific for the excalibur you just got to scratch your head and wonder what in the world they were thinking, lol.
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

From the sounds of it they weren't thinking! I WAS interested in checking into the STS System untilmI have read all this. Does it bring down any sound? Or any cons VS the pros with this?

I sorta always have that itch to make something good "better". As of right now I'm super impressed with how my Equinox is shooting , even out to 50yrds.
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

I did some searching on the fourm. Whats the deal with the System Newguy was making. I know the thread was about a year old.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I have a set and they work great.
They have adjustable post so no need to cut, trim

They do quiet the bow a bit and take a lot of vibration out.
Will always run these.With this system on I have taken off the D bars.

Not sure if Newguy is still making them or not I think he still makes the post so you could put them in an "STS" to avoid cutting and such.
Tenpoint Matrix
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

Spoke with NewGuy lastnite. He only has or does up the rods with the bumpers. I guess I will try adding that and get my hands on NewGuys add on.

(Unless someone has some "TOP SECRET" info on Excalibur coming out with something over the new month or two)
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

if you have a set of STS already just cut/grind them down an 1/8" to 1/4" and be done with it already or use a 3/8" drill and drill the hole deeper....i'll send a email to the makers and ask why i needed to cut mine down and see what they say :wink: .........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Bradgrylls

Post by Bradgrylls »

I'm happy with them. I didn't cut any off them and they fit perfectly. Whitened the vibration down and I really happy with them. Had to cut down my buddies set but mine fit perfectly.