HELP!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Arrow1

HELP!!!

Post by Arrow1 »

I am having trouble removing one of the 2 bolts that attach the limbs to the riser.It seems to have seized up.Any ideas?Anyone ever experienced this?
munch

Re: HELP!!!

Post by munch »

i don't know what you call the tool i think impact driver you may find if you push down and turn as you hit the driver with a hammer it may shock it loose
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Boo

Post by Boo »

Assuming your bow has no string on it use an allen socket. Insert the allen socket into the bolt and give the socket a good whack with a hammer then try to remove it.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Arrow1

Post by Arrow1 »

Boo wrote:Assuming your bow has no string on it use an allen socket. Insert the allen socket into the bolt and give the socket a good whack with a hammer then try to remove it.
Are you saying hit the socket on top as if you were driving a nail?
Boo

Post by Boo »

Arrow1 wrote:
Boo wrote:Assuming your bow has no string on it use an allen socket. Insert the allen socket into the bolt and give the socket a good whack with a hammer then try to remove it.
Are you saying hit the socket on top as if you were driving a nail?
Yes
Boo

Post by Boo »

munch wrote:i don't know what you call the tool i think impact driver you may find if you push down and turn as you hit the driver with a hammer it may shock it loose
It's called an impact driver.
Arrow1

Post by Arrow1 »

No luck.Not budging.Wonder if i could put an allen wrench in the bolt and heat it up with a torch?
Boo

Post by Boo »

That's worth a try as well, get the allen key red hot and use another to crank on the bolt. Did you give the socket a really good smack?
Brenjen

Post by Brenjen »

Squirt a dab of penetrating oil on it, like PB blaster & let it soak for a while & try again later. Personally I'd avoid the torch.....
Boo

Post by Boo »

Brenjen wrote:Squirt a dab of penetrating oil on it, like PB blaster & let it soak for a while & try again later. Personally I'd avoid the torch.....
I used that gunsmith trick to remove a bolt from the scope bridge that was put on with red loctite. If there is any loctite penitrating oil will not remove it. Impacting an allen socket inserted in the allen is the best bet unless there is red or green loctite in which case heat is your best choice.
Stosh

Post by Stosh »

What I like to do is, Take a center punch, pick a good spot near the outside edge but not on the edge, get a nice punch mark started, insert allen wrench and put lots of pressure on it then have someone hit the punch in the same direction. Got many a stuck and red loctite allen heads out this way. I agree about not useing heat.

Good Luck, Stosh
Arrow1

Post by Arrow1 »

Im using an allen wrench set.Going to go purchase a allen head socket in the am.More leverage should help.Will keep you posted.
Boo

Post by Boo »

If you have a wrench the same size as the allen then you can cut a piece off the long end and hammer the end of the short piece while cranking away with the wrench.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

Boo wrote:If you have a wrench the same size as the allen then you can cut a piece off the long end and hammer the end of the short piece while cranking away with the wrench.
or put the allen wrench through the box end of the wrench, then into the bolt and use a pipe over the wrench and torque away........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Arrow1

Post by Arrow1 »

Going to let it soak overnight.We shall see.....