Asking for comments on some farm equipment

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Asking for comments on some farm equipment

Post by Boo »

Does anyone have to say anything about the Termite or Kabota machines. I am looking at the smaller Kabota tractor that a backhoe can be put on. Leaning towards the Kabota because of the different attachments that can go on it. I have no clue about these machine but I would like to have something I can plow snow with, dig a pond, put in posts etc. No serious work just getting myself in trouble as usual!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Turtleman

Re: Asking for comments on some farm equipment

Post by Turtleman »

I have been on the farm most of my life and from my experience you cannot go wrong with the Kubota, I think they are one of the better tractors on the market today. If i was to go and get one now , i would no doubt go with the Kubota.
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

kubota all the way :wink: ..........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
bdog

Post by bdog »

Kubota diesel,can't go wrong with that,as far as digging a pond,I don't know how big you're going to make it,but you might wanna think about renting something bigger for that job.....
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Kubuta is a very good tractor, i have a friend down home that has one fer his wife & one fer himself. Has had them fer yrs never heard him say anything bad about them
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
munch

Post by munch »

don those little tractors are all right but will not take a lot of abuse.if you are going to have a long drive at the new place you may want to check out a skid steer loader .i had a 50hp with a 5foot bucket that i used to clean driveways and parking lots.you could get a good used one for $15,000 and add a post hole digger backhoe attachment and other attachments(you could rent the attachments you need as you do the jobs.i also owned a mini excavator and dug fish ponds and swimming pools .you will not dig a very big pond with an excavator if it's not a long reach if you are in a wet area the pond will be shallow.also ran large excavators for years (don if you golf i dug all the ponds on lions head golf coarse with an excavator)i top loaded scrapers with the machine and it was a fight from start to end.if you are doing ornamental fishponds or small landscape jobs i still have my laser level and if you want to rent equip. some weekend i can show you how to operate if that would help good luck
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Boo, Are there dealers for either brand nearby? Parts and service can be a pain other wise. My cousin has had a Kubota for years and has had no trouble. He has used it with a finishing mower, front end loader, and box scraper.

For digging a pond either may be a bit on the small size .
BUS314

Post by BUS314 »

I was a John Deere tech for 26 yrs., feel like a traitor, but Kubota is a good machine :wink:
AKA-ChoctawBusGuy
Excal Phoenix
VariZone
GT II's w/ brass inserts
SlickTrick 125's
STS
Boo String
Double Bull DarkHorse
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

My (lucky) neighbor has both a skid deer and the tractor. The latter is used mostly for mowing and tilling. The skid steer is a much more rugged piece of equipment, he removes stumps and rocks, dug a pond, blows snow, splits wood, load and spread, scrape and level, even put in his pontoon with it, etc etc. etc. Just finished leveling my new food plot where I had 100 stumps removed. The Kabota is a slick little machine but the New Holland skid steer is much more versatile.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Migabby

Post by Migabby »

Too do it over again I would have gotten a Kabota Desiel with a Bucket and 3 point hitch, PTO, but my partner had to have an American made John Deere. It too Has been good but older (1954) #420, But no Bucket, burns gas and needs alot of maintianance..

That bucket does alot of work for you, think about that. JMO!!

Migabby
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I grew up using a Kubota, they are well built machines don! Being a young man at the time, I put it under alot of abuse and it stood up very well! But be warned that the hood will crumple slightly when it meets a cement wall @ top speed.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
carvedtip

Post by carvedtip »

I dont think you can go wrong with a Kubota as long as you don't undersize yourself when you make the purchase. You dont want to be digging a pond with a little compact tractor with the baby backhoes. When you think you know what you want, go up 20% in horsepower and buy the next level up. You will never regret the extra power.

Deeres from the mid 70's and 80's with the yanmar diesels are darn good also. I would also throw in Massy Ferguson diesel tractors into the mix. If you want to have some real fun, buy yourself a used Case loader with a backhoe and now you got something.

What ever you do, make sure you have power steering if you have a front loader.