Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
wabi

Re: More Anti propaganda!

Post by wabi »

At least one person there shares my opinion!
Couldn't have said it better -
I don't view it as a big deal, something worth getting excited about. It's all archery. A crossbow doesn't extend a hunter's kill range one bit beyond my compound bow.

If we are offended because it's not "traditional" archery hunting equipment, then compound bows should also be disallowed. And bow sights. And rangefinders. Come to think of it, tree stands should also not be allowed. They've been around for a while, but they surely aren't traditional. Robin Hood didn't use them, neither did Hiawatha, and I'm pretty sure Teddy Roosevelt didn't either. If 'traditional use" is the test, crossbows have been around and in use for seven or eight hundred years. That's got to be getting pretty close to "traditional". :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The way I look at it, if including crossbows causes more people to hunt, using a tool with the limitations inherent with all bows and arrows, that's a good thing.

As far as bragging rights are concerned, that may be a different thing. Boone and Crockett have set up different caregories depending on the equipment used. Someone who takes a trophy elk or deer using a longbow shouldn't get the same recognition as someone who used a compound bow or a crossbow. I'm not able, however, to justify extending hunting privileges to compound bow users that are denied to crossbow users.

My jurisdiction permits using a crossbow only in a firearms season. That is downright silly. It has nowhere close to the performance of a firearm--it's archery equipment, for crying out loud!
wabi