North Carolina has finally legalized crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

North Carolina has finally legalized crossbows

Post by raydaughety »

UPDATE 07/10/2010

I just got word that the NC legislative "short session" ended at 02:00am today and the bill to challenge the approved law was not heard in this session making it law by defect. In other words, there were 3 major bills on the table that were made law by default this morning.

1. The legalization of crossbows during all seasons.

2. The muzzleloader season will be extended from one week to two weeks.

3. Bowhunting will be allowed on Sundays in NC on private lands.

All of this information came from a very credible sourse and will be confirmed with a link as soon as possible. Again, the gavel dropped at 02:00 so confirmation will come from other sourses later today. For now you will have to take my word for it :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
bob1961

Re: North Carolina has finally legalized crossbows

Post by bob1961 »

great news ray....wish PA would let go of the no sunday hunting blue very outdated old law, maybe soon....the PA farm folks say they speak for all the farmers that say no....but in reality they only speak for bout 15%....why can't they just let sundau hunting on state gamelands only to start....everyone says that landowners will post there property if sunday hunting is allowed, lol....they have there land posted already though :roll: ...............bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Congrats NC.
Raymond
lscha

Post by lscha »

Congratulations North Carolina!! Crossbows as archery equipment; What a concept!
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Bob, here is the announcement from Raymond Bell, president of the NCBA (North Carolina Bowhuters Association.)

http://ncbaupdates.blogspot.com/

I really hope that folks looking into buying crossbows come to places like this forum and educate themselves on the truths about crossbows and the safety involved in hunting with them. I hope that as we hear from NC hunters as well as those from Oklahoma, we will stand up and welcome them to a different way of hunting and assist them with answers to their questions.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats Ray & Tyler & all the rest in N C. Raymond Bell is a very sick Puppy! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wabi

Post by wabi »

vixenmaster wrote:Congrats Ray & Tyler & all the rest in N C. Raymond Bell is a very sick Puppy! :lol:
Wonder what he will complain about once he sees that even crossbows and more muzzleloader season can't stop the growth of the deer herd. :roll:

Congrats to NC!!!!!!!!!!
wabi
Turtleman

Post by Turtleman »

Might have to think about starting a NC crossbow association, where everyone is welcome including vertical bows.!!!! :D What do you think Ray?
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
Fur & Feathers

Post by Fur & Feathers »

Congrats to all the sportsmen of NC. That's great news.
Get out & Enjoy.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Turtleman wrote:Might have to think about starting a NC crossbow association, where everyone is welcome including vertical bows.!!!! :D What do you think Ray?
I think it is a real need for the hunters in NC. I'm sick of the hunters in our state working against each other. Listening to those that oppose crossbow hunting actually believe that the deer population will suffer a huge loss now that crossbows are legal :roll: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Brenjen

Post by Brenjen »

They can look at Arkansas (or Mississippi where they even allow poison on arrows....not many deer surviving even the poorest of shots there) & it'll be plain to see what all this "extra" hunting does to deer populations.....not much.

Right at, or over a million deer here in Arkansas; Ron White would be proud because you absolutely CAN bag one at 60mph, headlights on & the horn BLOooWin! :lol:

NC has absolutely nothing to fear except possibly a healthier deer herd.
ncbowhunter

Post by ncbowhunter »

I was a member of the NCBA for years and I believe they do try to protect our bowhunting rights, BUT I also believe they need to accept crossbows as archery equiptment of which they are. If they would have done the right thing and included them as archery equiptment they would have alot more members to help in the fight. I have bow hunted hard for over 26 years and now have had to go to a crossbow to continue hunting due to shoulder problems. As many people are not educated in crossbows they believe they are like a rifle but are they Wrong, the only real advantage I have found is not having to draw at the moment to shoot. I think that the other disadvantages easily out weigh that one! I now have a Vortex that I will use to exercise my rights as a hunter and I feel it should be My decision on the type of gear I use and not some lawmaker who really could care less. Now if we could get land that is bought up and posted opened up to hunters instead of issueing damage permits to landowners on a whim we might be doing something. I feel that they should have to prove they have tried to solve the problem in other ways before the permits are issued, as I for one have asked to hunt on such properties only to have been turned down and the find out the get a permit and spotlight the deer. I also know of a few who has killed as many as 75 deer in a summers time, they like to gut shoot them so they will run off and die hopefully off of their property. Congrates to NC hunters and Enjoy :D
ncstan

Post by ncstan »

Sign Me up.Stan