NY'ers can now use a DRAW LOCK???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sits in trees

NY'ers can now use a DRAW LOCK???

Post by sits in trees »

well in NY's new crossbow bill they shot down the use of crossbows for handicapped hunters but threw them a bone and told them you are allowed to attach this "Draw Lock" thingy to your compound which you cock with your feet like a chimp.

well i emailed 7 of the top vertical compound bow companies out there and asked them about using a draw lock device. 5 out of the seven responded and i was told by all 5 of them that they DO NOT recommend the use of a draw lock and that they wouldn't be held responsible for anything that might happen if you decide to put one on one of their bows?

also they stated very clearly that any damage to one of their bows which had a draw lock on it would VOID the warranty????
bob1961

Re: NY'ers can now use a DRAW LOCK???

Post by bob1961 »

well well well ?????????????? :roll: can't use a crossbow and can't use the draw loc........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

They may... just dont turn it sideways and then it becomes a CROSSBOW!!

Dummies...
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Fur & Feathers

Post by Fur & Feathers »

Very interesting Woody. Wasn't aware of this. Could you tell me the 5 manufacturers please?

In NY this is the only option for disabled archery hunters (besides the breath tube crossbow for those who can't wiggle their fingers). I have used the draw loc for 6 years now, and find it dangerous. You have to be very careful not to bump the release when it's drawn. My bow weighs a ton with this contraption on it.

Heard only 33 modified archery permits issued in NY for disabled hunters. I can see why no one wants to use this thing.
Get out & Enjoy.
Fur & Feathers

Post by Fur & Feathers »

Need to post this correction to my previous post stating only 33 modified archery permits in NY. I was wrong. Just spoke with the DEC and there have been about 1400+- modified archery permits issued since 2005. Wanted to clear this up. That's a lot of people who wish they could use a crossbow.
Get out & Enjoy.
jag

Post by jag »

Have you seen the new In-Line Crossbow. 5 lbs 6 oz form the guys at Draw-Loc. What do expect coming from a company that has specialized in this type of equipment for over 15 years. I called around here in NY and there are over 25 dealers that I talked to that sell Draw-Loc and I even called the Gander Mt in Rochester, they highly recomend them and have installed many on their customers bow. I read in an early post that they were dangerious. I don't think that this many dealers would be selling them if it were so. I found out where most companies buy their limb material, Gordan Composite. I called them and asked, what was the difference in crossbow limbs and compound bow limbs. They stated to me that there was no difference in the two. So I guess it won't hurt a bow to held back. Right? It seems like there is a lot of misinformation out there. Check out this youtube link .
www.drawloc.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwCKfM4rxOg
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

inline crossbow, lmao :lol: ....that is only a compound with a drawloc on it :shock: ....only 3 posts and all bout selling that piece of crap....>SPAM ALERT< >SPAM ALERT< >SPAM ALERT< :roll: .........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
jag

Post by jag »

Fur & Feathers wrote:Very interesting Woody. Wasn't aware of this. Could you tell me the 5 manufacturers please?

In NY this is the only option for disabled archery hunters (besides the breath tube crossbow for those who can't wiggle their fingers). I have used the draw loc for 6 years now, and find it dangerous. You have to be very careful not to bump the release when it's drawn. My bow weighs a ton with this contraption on it.

Heard only 33 modified archery permits issued in NY for disabled hunters. I can see why no one wants to use this thing.

Are you sure it is the Draw-Loc? the Draw-Loc has a safety on the release and you could not bump it and it "go off". You must take the safety off first. Can you please post a picture of this "dangerious contraption" you have on your bow? I kow this product very well and have been using one for years.
Thank you
jag

Post by jag »

bob1961 wrote:inline crossbow, lmao :lol: ....that is only a compound with a drawloc on it :shock: ....only 3 posts and all bout selling that piece of crap....>SPAM ALERT< >SPAM ALERT< >SPAM ALERT< :roll: .........bob

I am just rying to set the record straight! Everything seems to be one sided around hear.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

well your 3 posts as i looked at your profile has 3 posts with links to drawloc????....now that's pretty one sided from you on an excalibur crossbow forum, don't ya think....i'm pretty sure people who shoot excaliburs do for a reason, i do because after doing many hours/days of reading up on all brands of crossbows before i spent my hard earned money on one....my choice of an excalibur was the right choice for me, excalibur crossbow company " WAS " the only crossbow company who " DID NOT " have any crossbow recalls compaired to all the rest....that is what sold me on excalibur plus the fact i can do any maintance/work on my crossbow " WITHOUT " needing a bow press or expence of taking time out to take my crossbow to a bow shop to pay to have my crossbow worked on....recurve crossbows don't need tuning to align there cam/training wheels to each other or fall out of timeing to each other....since august of 08 i have never had to do anything to my exclibur crossbow but switch strings which i did myself....plain and simple excalibur is the best crossbow out there and have proved it, why do you think middleton has copied exclaiburs crossbow almost to the T ?????.........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
jag

Post by jag »

Bob,
Maybe they are just unaware of their options.
I was merley surfing the web when I came across Excaliburs Forum and the reason I posted was the fact that there were some unfair and untrue things stated about a product. I thought I would be a voice. That's all. No harm intended.
Take care and good luck to you
secret

Post by secret »

So if i use this device and my compound blows up in my face can i sue the state of Ny? The designers of this device? Who going to pay my hospital bill? I need to know in writing???????????
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
secret

Post by secret »

Just got off the phone with my compound bow co. they said my warranty is void if a Draw lock is installed.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Tick Tock..Tick Tock
Exocet 200
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
jag

Post by jag »

How about the warranty on your diesel truck when you stick a high performance chip under the dash. What happens if you blow up your truck, who are you going to sue for that? Lets face it, a limb, is a limb, is a limb. Call Gordan Composites, call anyone who grinds limbs for bow companies and ask them what the difference is (none). Is a crossbow limb so much better than a compound bow limb. No, they are made from the same type of billet of the same material! This just gives the manufacturers an "OUT" for taking care of their warranty work. So there it is in a nut shell. Use it or not, but stop misleading people with things that are not true.
secret

Post by secret »

So who will i sue?
Exocet 200
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string