Confession time.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cossack

Confession time.

Post by Cossack »

Here's a chance to admit you're human.

Today, I did a great job gluing a set of Fusion vanes ...........to the WRONG end of the arrow! :oops: Dang, for a moment that brass 'nock' sure looked good.
(No, I wasn't imbibing at the time :D .)

Next.
Last edited by Cossack on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Chuck Gravel

Re: Confession time.

Post by Chuck Gravel »

happens to the best of us, you have any pictures you can put up. im in need of a good laugh
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Nope i never done that but i have cut off the wrong end of shaft on cutting saw. Have one fletched backwards & 11 going the correct way
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Normous

Post by Normous »

Cossak, this has me laughing pretty good, I'll have to be honest here, I did the same once. Not the whole half dozen, just the first one. Just getting warmed up I thought :roll:
Funny...
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I had a near Robin Hood, re sighting the Phoenix after installing a different strings (see Oooops :oops:), which took off a vane. Thought I'd re fletch before checking out another bow and dinner. Not enough time, too much hurry, not enough attention=SNAFU. Should have installed BH and taken a picture. :lol:
Incurable tinkerer.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

thats why i only put the butt inserts in when doing that.. after you spend money for flame wraps and then realize you stuck them on the wrong end you stop doing it :lol: :lol:
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Cossack although this has nothing to do with fletching an arrow, I did pull a stupid one last year. It was the beginning of archery season here in NC. For those of you that have never visited this area in early september, it isn't the heat that get's you it's the humidity. Tyler and I were climbing trees that were side by side and once that we reached about 18' high and started settling in and trying to cool off using frozen water bottles, I realized that I had not cocked my bow before I climbed the tree. I tried everything in my power to cock my bow but there was just no way to do it safely. So, down I came. When I got to the ground I was soaked from head to toe and everything in between. I cocked the bow and had just reached Tyler who was sitting comfortably in his Summit Viper SS enyoying a partially frozen bottle of water. As I attached the teather from my HSS to the tree, Tyler said "dad, why didn't you just used the crank that came with the accudraw to cock the bow instead of climbing all the way back down :shock:? If there way ever a time that I could have whooped his hind end, it was now but he was right, all I had to do was get the crank from my pack and......nevermind :evil: :evil: :evil: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

And sometimes it goes better than expected: Lost my favorite pair of sunglasses, hauling out a deer I thought. Looked and looked but no luck, went home. As I was reviewing the pictures of my buck draped over a log, a glint under the log caught my eye. Magnified the picture and there they were. The mile and a half walk back in the next day was fun knowing what lay ahead. :D

Oh ya, then there was the time I got lost on the way to the tree stand. Got turned around in the dark and didn't find the stand. Several tries was only getting me sweaty, so I sat down to await daylight. When it finally came the stand was two trees away. :mrgreen:
Incurable tinkerer.
Brenjen

Post by Brenjen »

I've done so many boneheaded things in my life it makes me thankful my memory is failing so I can't remember what they were.
Migabby

Post by Migabby »

I'm 66 years old, I do all this stuff all the time. Like last night putting an :shock: empty Coffee cup into the Mirowave to heat the Coffee>>>>

Migabby
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

It gets worse, I just remembered the drain plug in my boat I (was going to) remove after using the boat (It's going to rain tonight). Oh well...
I'm 4 mos shy of 70.
Incurable tinkerer.
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

There is always the good time of getting up 20+ feet with a climber and fiqure out, You forgot to attach your hoist rop to your bow. Then Climb down attach it. Once you get back up and the sweat is poring off of you like buckets. You start to put on your release and whoops down it falls! Down and back up again. For some odd reason I didn't see ANYTHING that evening. The cursing the whole way up and down prob didn't help much.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Long time ago I used Skunk scent. My method was climb the tree pull up my bow open the cap and pour a small amount out. One afternoon I was in a hurry and changed the order of things and when a pulled my bow up it sure did stink. Sat with that stink till dark. What an IDIOT. Cursed myself out the whole evening. :oops:

shaftthrower

Post by shaftthrower »

Haven't done that YET. But I did cut off a door once to clear the carpet and cut off the top side :evil: