Cost of tags

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbhntr

Cost of tags

Post by xbhntr »

What is the price of a license to hunt deer in your province or state. In Ontario, it cost $38.75 and an extra tag $42.78 .
raydaughety

Re: Cost of tags

Post by raydaughety »

Don't take it to the bank as I may be a bit off with all of the rule changes that NC is going through this year but last year I paid $55.00 for the Sportsman's License which comes with the following.

State Hunting License

State Fishing License ( fresh and salt water )

6 deer tags 1 bear tag
2 turkey tags
2 wild boar tags
1 bear tag

NOTE: You can buy unlimited doe tags over the counter after you have used all of the tags that came with your license. These tags cost $10.00 each.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
hotburn

Post by hotburn »

Ohio...

$19 for Resident Hunting license
$24 for Deer tag buck or doe, only one buck per season
$14 for doe tag during archery season and some limited gun seasons, but you first have to buy a $24 tag before you buy a $14 tag, but you can save the $24 dollar tag for gun season and use the $14 first if you want.

Jason
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I don't knowed ! Here where i live if you have 5 acres or more ya get 6 deer & 4 turkey body tags Free! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

resident lic fee's are this for PA and what i bought this year also....

PA hunting lic, 20.70
archery stamp, 16.70
muzzleloader, 11.70
bear, 16.70
doe tag up to 3 aloud, 6.70 each

total 85.90 for me as a resident of PA when i buy my doe tags as the dates come around....lic comes with buck tag for 1 buck a year in PA, so that is for 4 deer [3 doe, 1 buck] 1 bear, 2 turkey [ 1 fall, 1 spring]..........bob

Last edited by bob1961 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

raydaughety wrote:Don't take it to the bank as I may be a bit off with all of the rule changes that NC is going through this year but last year I paid $55.00 for the Sportsman's License which comes with the following.

State Hunting License

State Fishing License ( fresh and salt water )

6 deer tags 1 bear tag
2 turkey tags
2 wild boar tags
1 bear tag

NOTE: You can buy unlimited doe tags over the counter after you have used all of the tags that came with your license. These tags cost $10.00 each.

That's awesome Ray. I have never heard of a "package deal" like that before. :shock:
Here in Ontario we pay individually for each (mostly) species we wish to hunt.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Brenjen

Post by Brenjen »

Here in Arkansas it's $10.50 for the basic license, $25.00 for the archery addition (sportsman's license) & $35.00 for what's called the combination sportsman's license which combines the $25 sportsman's with the fishing license. A trout stamp is $5.00 & a leased land permit (public hunting land leased by the state from the paper companies) is $25.00

Of course out of state people have to get the out of state licenses & land owners can do just about anything they want on their own property as long as they have a regular hunting license. (I.E. hunt hogs year around, use dogs, bait wildlife etc.)

Here's a link to our local dysfunctional regulatory agency - http://www.agfc.com/licenses/Pages/LicensesHunting.aspx
Boo

Post by Boo »

Just for interest here's what it will cost a non-resident in Ohio.

Non-Resident Hunting $125.00
Deer Permt - Antlerless Only(6) $90.00
Deer Permit - Either Sex $24.00
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

I don't (yet) get upset about my Ontario deer hunting license fees. The way I see it, I get 3 full months of outdoors enjoyment, all for less than the cost one day of golf (if I actually played golf :roll: ).
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

In NJ last year it was:

31.50 for fall bow
28.00 for permit bow (antlerless)
28.00 for permit bow (antlered, i think only 1)
31.50 for winter bow

Unlimited antlerless and I think 3 total for antlered in archery season. season went from sept.12 to mid february.
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
Keating

Post by Keating »

42.78 is now the cost for all tags.
You got your first one for $39.75 prior to the new tax.
If you bought your first tag now it would be 42.78 as well.

Don't forget you need your Outdoors Card as well, $9 and good for 3 years.
xbhntr wrote:What is the price of a license to hunt deer in your province or state. In Ontario, it cost $38.75 and an extra tag $42.78 .
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Here is Wisconsin its $24 for an archery license.I can shoot 1 buck and 2 does and then i can get unlimited $2 doe tags because i hunt a metro unit.My season runs Sept-18-Jan-31st.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
hotburn

Post by hotburn »

Boo wrote:Just for interest here's what it will cost a non-resident in Ohio.

Non-Resident Hunting $125.00
Deer Permt - Antlerless Only(6) $90.00
Deer Permit - Either Sex $24.00

I know there has to be a reason behind it, but have never understood why the non resident is so high. I think a lot of states do it. Does not seem like a good way to promote tourism to me. All other tags are the same, but the large game non resident is a painful one IMO!
Keating

Post by Keating »

depends on the animal, the population, and many other things.

where I'm from, you apply to a lottery for a moose tag, works your way up to Pool 1 (you get closer each year you apply and don't get a tag) then eventually after a couple years in pool 1, you get a tag. Application costs something like $50 a year.

A non resident can buy a tag, avoiding the application and draw, but can only buy from a licensed outfitter, and can not hunt without a guide.
The idea is to allow the outfitter some markup on the tag, plus the guiding income. For all intents and purposes, it's about $4000 for a non-resident to hunt moose for one week.

And myself, having been a permanent resident of another province for more than 6 months, I now qualify as a "non-resident" where I grew up.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

hotburn wrote:
I know there has to be a reason behind it, but have never understood why the non resident is so high. I think a lot of states do it. Does not seem like a good way to promote tourism to me. All other tags are the same, but the large game non resident is a painful one IMO!
Brenjen

Post by Brenjen »

I wish non-resident tags were higher in Arkansas! We get overrun with Texans every deer season; they've gotten together in groups & leased up huge sections of hunting land in the South of our state, crowding out the local hunters. The southern part of our state also just happens to be where the largest numbers & biggest bucks are.

I understand why they can & do hunt here & I don't blame them really but just because there's more moneybags in Texas & Arkansas doesn't want to single them out we lose a huge portion of hunting land, land I grew up hunting on with my dad as a child I no longer have access to because of all the leases. I'd like to kill at least ONE big buck in my life just for bragging rights you understand.

Non-resident deer license should be $1,000 per day, per hunter with a one deer, 5x5 slot limit or doe......or they could open up Texas to Arkansas hunters in a hunter for hunter trade like exchange students :lol: