Natures Way to return to earth

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Migabby

Natures Way to return to earth

Post by Migabby »

These Photo's where taken on our Property by trail cam back in Feb. ( I know the Date is wrong on the Photos) We are in Mid Western Michigan, This is a road kill that my Buddy draged back to our Rape field and put it out in front the Cam. The Eagles surprized Me!!!!!!!!!

Migabby
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
bob1961

Re: Natures Way to return to earth

Post by bob1961 »

i've seen bald eagles on dead deer before, i thought they were fish eaters myself.........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

The eagles probably were finding it a bit difficult to catch fish without an auger :D . They probably get oppertunistic in the winter months and grab what they can.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

The eagles here eat what ever they can catch and kill or just like a buzzard road kill. I've seen them take ducks, geese, turkeys and fawns, super pics thanks for sharing

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

Migabby,

I agree with Limbs and Bolts - the Eagles here can be spotted eating roadkill at times. Thanks for sharing the pics...I see the body even brought some curious deer in...have not thought of trying that for lure LOL
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Did that deer take a bite? I wouldn't put it past them after the bird eating video. :shock:

Great pictures!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Brenjen

Post by Brenjen »

Interesting bit of trivia for you about the American bald eagle; the fact they are carrion eaters & will steal another animals kill is why Benjamin Franklin wanted the majestic & intelligent TURKEY to be the emblem of the United States in the eagle's stead.

He said the turkey was "a much more respectable Bird, and withal a true original Native of America . . . He is besides, though a little vain & silly, a Bird of Courage"

But he had this to say of the bald eagle; "He is a Bird of bad moral Character. He does not get his Living honestly." And then goes on to say what a coward the bird is. Good old Ben Franklin; he wasn't afraid to spell it out for someone.

Personally I like the bald eagle & thinks it's a beautiful bird. It's a rare occasion when I get to see one here in Arkansas; could you imagine the great seal of the U.S. with a Tom on it instead of the Eagle? - thanks for sharing the pics.
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

sumner4991 wrote:Did that deer take a bite? I wouldn't put it past them after the bird eating video. :shock:

Great pictures!
X2 :lol:
The best things in life are not things!!
Migabby

Post by Migabby »

My Surprise is the fact that Eagle are there. I have seen them in the area before. I guess I thought they Went to Florida with the Robins.

Migabby
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
frisky

Post by frisky »

Natures way of recycleing.
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Limbs and Sticks

Brenjen wrote:Interesting bit of trivia for you about the American bald eagle; the fact they are carrion eaters & will steal another animals kill is why Benjamin Franklin wanted the majestic & intelligent TURKEY to be the emblem of the United States in the eagle's stead.

He said the turkey was "a much more respectable Bird, and withal a true original Native of America . . . He is besides, though a little vain & silly, a Bird of Courage"

But he had this to say of the bald eagle; "He is a Bird of bad moral Character. He does not get his Living honestly." And then goes on to say what a coward the bird is. Good old Ben Franklin; he wasn't afraid to spell it out for someone.

Personally I like the bald eagle & thinks it's a beautiful bird. It's a rare occasion when I get to see one here in Arkansas; could you imagine the great seal of the U.S. with a Tom on it instead of the Eagle? - thanks for sharing the pics.

It's a good thing the turkey isn't the national bird for us, we wouldn't be able to hunt it I'm quit sure. The eagle to me is nothing more than a glorified buzzard.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Brenjen

Post by Brenjen »

Limbs and Bolts wrote:

It's a good thing the turkey isn't the national bird for us, we wouldn't be able to hunt it I'm quit sure. The eagle to me is nothing more than a glorified buzzard.

Wes
:lol: I've called eagles glorified buzzards before myself; nice to meet a fellow enthusiast of linguistic pursuits.
Limbs and Sticks

X2 8)

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Brenjen wrote:
Limbs and Bolts wrote:

Wes
:lol: I've called eagles glorified buzzards before myself; nice to meet a fellow enthusiast of linguistic pursuits.

call them that here and you will end up on the front page of the newspaper LOL... a good friend spoke joking about them in that context and he was on the news because of it which is stupid

ive seen them actaully come down in a pair and drag a small animal from the road to about 75 yards into the field so gthey could eat in peace. All birds are sorta that way. You will be surprised what chickens do... they will eat anything thats crippled, even if its their own kind
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Never seen a buzzard go fishing. Nothing more graceful than a Bald Eagle fishing. They are an amazing bird.

Not taking anything away from a buzzard either. They are an incredible disposal . . .great for the environment.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen