Some more Changes in Lifestyle

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big John

Some more Changes in Lifestyle

Post by Big John »

After another weekend in the Stupid Hospital, I had to make some decisions. My Back is getting very Bad now, pain is more than enough to ruin my days. I have to still work for a long time yet, as well as enjoy myself in the Outdoors. So the Wife and I with my Parents, had a good long talk. I will now be limiting my hunting to what I really Love the most only. Therefore going out less, but still getting to do what I Love. So I will now only be a Deer Hunter. Until the wife puts an end to that for any stupid mistakes I happen to pull off. :roll: So if anyone is interested in some good quality gear, guns, or clothing, check the Trader page. :) Or PM me and ask. As well I will be slowing down on the arrow building a bit. Gets a little hard leaning over them things. :roll: But I wont stop.

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
raydaughety

Re: Some more Changes in Lifestyle

Post by raydaughety »

Dang John, I hate to hear that but I certainly understand. I have tried everything possible for my back and 4 things give me some relief and those are: Lots of heat from either a heating pad or Thermacare Wraps. Be sure to rearrange them so that you do not burn yourself. 2nd would be my TENS UNIT. I don't go anywhere without it along with a fresh set of rechargeable batteries. 3rd is accupuncture. I have been using this therapy for a couple of months now and love it. This should have been at the very top and that is prayer. I spend quite a lot of time nowadays praying over my injuries and for other's that need help in their lives. That being said, we will certainly be praying for you my friend and if there is anything that you need please don't hesitate to give me a call. Phone number sent via PM.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I sure feel fer you & i also knowed about back problems, been there in surgery & don't care fer wheel chair so slow down watch yer self friend
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i was about to send you a PM asking how you had been doing.... I wish you the best though. I feel for you though and thats why I have one main hobby(whitetails). Im finally decided to cut out the baby making hobby also :lol:

dont stop making those arrows btw;) it wouldnt be the same around here without the blazin/flamin tiger arrows 8)

i thought this was a post saying you were leaving... glad thats not the case:)
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Hey John, I'm living and working(Stoney Creek/Grassie) closer to you these days. If you need a hand hauling a deer out let me know.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

X2 what chris said. The offer still stands from last year! Im self imployed and can leave at a moments notice.

I hope the Dr's can find a way to releive some of the pain for ya man.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

You've made the right decision John.

This year my back forced me to give up a sport I dearly love, which is rowing. I do miss the water and the speed of finely tuned crew, but I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. Its the knowledge that I'm not doing more damage, something that I would have surely regretted it in my later years.

You know where I am, so if you ever need an extra hand, just say the word. Take it easy.

Derek
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Keep fighting it John!! Keep fighting.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
catcher

Post by catcher »

Hey John

Man I hope you get well soon. We have to still get out for some honkers yet. :)
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

I hope that cutting back will improve things for you!
Glade to hear you will still get out and enjoy what you love.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
wabi

Post by wabi »

John,
I have had back problems for years, but I have been able to continue to enjoy the outdoors by also practicing a "think before you act" policy (most of the time).

It often cuts down on the time I can be out, and the places I can go, but it still fun to be out there.

If you could watch me, you would see I'm getting to be one of those old geezers who "takes time to contemplate" frequently.
Sunday evening I was fly fishing, and took a few "contemplation" breaks. They make anyone watching think you must be wise beyond your years, but the truth of it was my back was just hurting so bad I had to stop and sit down (on a rock or log of the right height) for a few minutes. The secret to making it look "cool" is to learn to stare at a spot of the landscape (tree, brush, water) while holding your chin in your hand with your head slightly cocked to the side. People observing this will think you can read the quarry's thoughts and can predict it's movements, and are in no hurry to catch the fish or shoot the deer because you can pick the time and place at your desire.
Truth is, I was thinking, "Sh**, if my back wasn't hurting so darned bad I could have had a fly on the water where that fish just jumped!"

Just kidding (in part), it does mean slowing down and picking your moments to move, but that can be good if you think first. :wink:
Get out there and enjoy as much as you can, just remember to take a break when you feel the pain starting to build.
wabi
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

John, I sure hope and pray that you can find relief from your pain.
Grizz
Big John

Post by Big John »

You guys are great!! My pain is getting much more than I thought it would. But I do not want to complain any further. There are more people than me who need help. I will find a way, and deal with it. However, I do like all the ideas and help you can give. This is a great bunch of people here. And remember, I'm not stopping Hunting, just slowing down to a more manageable level. I am more concerned with work. Quite a while until retirement. :roll:

Take Care!
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]