How many kills at a single baitsite?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

perrysbirds

How many kills at a single baitsite?

Post by perrysbirds »

Just wondering if you can kill multiple bears at a single baitsite in the same year?
Or is it all over for the year at that baitsite once you shoot the first bear?
If im not out shooting deer.
Im home drinking beer!
2007 exomax
Farmer

Re: How many kills at a single baitsite?

Post by Farmer »

Depends on the number of bears in the area and availability of food. A friend of mine has taken had people take 3 bears from the same stand in 1 week.
Hazmat

Post by Hazmat »

I have always had multiple Black Bears at my bait sites. I have harvested and field dressed a Bear within 50 yards of an active bait site and had bears come in that night after we were done as well the gut pile was gone the next day.
A game camera is an essential tool for hunting Bears, when placing a game camera on a bait site I use surgical gloves and spray a little pepper spray on the tree below where the camera sits and then tend to the bait.
I had a game camera previously destroyed because I baited and then set up the camera with my hands smelling like food!

Good luck and if you are succesful Houles Taxidermy in North Bay, Ontario is the best in my books for a Bear skin rug ($150.00 per foot last year)
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Have to agree with Hazmat. Trailcamera is very helpful and NO SCENT on the camera. Long ago I had trail timers chewed to pieces because of a little bait scent on the timer :? Would hate to see an expensive camera turned into a chew toy!