Hog Light for Crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

spanky

Hog Light for Crossbow

Post by spanky »

Any body mounted a red or green light on there crossbow for hog hunting at night? need some ideas shot 2 last weekend by moonlight a 10:30PM but a light mounted on bow would make it better.
Shoot Straight

Re: Hog Light for Crossbow

Post by Shoot Straight »

I personally use the Primos® Varmint Hunting 100-Yard Rechargeable Light Kit With Halogen Bulb, it mounts to most any scope. It fits well on the Excalibur Varizone scope and my Leupold rifle scope on my 30.06. This is what i did, the 100 yard varmit light runs on a Halogen bulb with max power of 35 watts. I called Primos and order the bulb that fits in the 350 yard varmit light and put in the 100 yard varmit light. This bulb is an Xenon 55 watt max power bulb. There both interchangeable and both run off the same rechargeable battery pack, the difference between these to product is the bulb and the price. So now you a 100 yard Varmit with the strength of a 350 yard light. Now The yard light shoots narrow beam with a good 30 yard with span. The 350 yard Varmit shoots a beam much wider but is also much bulkier on your Excalibur. I shoot hogs at around 60 yards in South Georgia more than enough light. Now this setup will shoot about a good 150 yards of light, I think thats more than plenty for hogs. By the way the bulb is only $5.00 including shippng , Part # AG-500 (Xenon Bulb). Here is an example:
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/p ... rchID=4006
Exocet 200
Varizone
S5 System
Rage 3 blade 100 gr
CrazyFarmer's CowWacker
Big John's LungBuster
Boo String
Hoss

Re: Hog Light for Crossbow

Post by Hoss »

This is the ticket....easy on your night vision as well. I have one and its awsome..you can find them on ebay for about $299. 8 hours continous run time on one cr123 battery...neat device..

http://www.lasergenetics.com/nd3-laser-designator.aspx

Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!